Port Attack Return to Carrier Problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AllenK

Port Attack Return to Carrier Problem

Post by AllenK »

Save file attached.

To recreate the problem, pass through the Port Attack CAP and CW Port Attack options.

For the US, attack Eniwetok with the 1-5 SBD-2 and the 4-3 SBD-5. Attack Majuro with the 3-4 SBD-5 and the 2-4 SBD-4.

Search rolls: Eniwetok Japanese 2, Allies 7; Majuro Japanese 1, Allies 3. At Eniwetok, the Japanese use 4 surprise points to avoid combat.

The return CVP's to base screen appears and requires both the CVP's attacking Eniwetok and the CVP's attacking Majuro to return to their carriers, otherwise the game will not move on. If they are returned to base, the game moves to the next phase and the attack on Majoro is lost.

If the two CVP's allocated to the Majuro attack are not returned to base, the game is frozen.

This seems like a bug.

Attachments
gamesave3.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Centuur

RE: Port Attack Return to Carrier Problem

Post by Centuur »

It is a bug. Thanks for reporting this.
Peter
AllenK

RE: Port Attack Return to Carrier Problem

Post by AllenK »

Your welcome.

I wish my game was at a stage where I could easily set things up to test this but my hunch is that the problem would not have occurred if the two strikes had been launched from different sea areas.

I think, because the port-strikes use the naval air combat routines, when the first attack avoided combat, the program initiated the same 'return all CVP's to carrier' routine as it would have done if the target had been a task force in the sea area that had avoided combat. This resulted in all the CVP's that had launched from the sea area being returned to carrier (which would have been correct for task force to task force combat) instead of only those allocated to the avoided strike.
Omnius

What Version?

Post by Omnius »

Good bug report but the version being run wasn't mentioned. What version is this bug being seen in?

Omnius
AllenK

RE: What Version?

Post by AllenK »

My apologies. It's the latest beta v 1.2.3.2

Regards

Return to “Tech Support”