New PFE Update v1.03 Now Available!

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
Tamas

New PFE Update v1.03 Now Available!

Post by Tamas »

The official 1.03 update is now available. You can get it by updating thru the Menu, or via this link

List of changes:

v1.03 – May 27, 2014

o Fix PBEM problem where you save the game during your turn and come back to it and can see a playback.
o Changed the data footprint so that no previous bugs can be exploited on a current game's data.
o Added a version check as well so that loading a saved game made with a previous version won't cause a crash.
o Combat supply can now be assigned on the reinforcement screen
o Added a new screen resolutions ( 2560x1440).
o Fix beach invasions when defending unit is visible.
o Put the sound settings in the ini file so you don’t have to turn them off and on every time you load the game.
o Fixes a problem with ground support not showing up for the Allies in the northern part of the map
o Limits ground support to be no more than the friendly number of stacking points in a hex.
o Fixed graphic glitch on enemy counters at end of game after Victory display.
o Fixed ordering a unit to a location occupied by another friendly unit and after the order having the orders for the target unit displayed.
o Fixed ‘Next Unordered Unit’ shortcut.
tombo

RE: New PFE Update v1.03 Now Available!

Post by tombo »

Great...w this update i decided to come back and play. I assume all issues have been addressed now. Are there any plans to add features or scenarios?

thx again.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

I'll continue to look at adding features and such. Non-Italy scenarios aren't likely.

Thank you!
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Is patch 1.03 cover all issues to date?

I found patch 1.01 but I cannot find a patch 1.02

Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I have now found all 3 patches. They are spread all over the place.

My suggestion is that they all be placed in one place together.

On the produce page is a section named "Product Downloads". Patch 2 is there. My suggestion is that patch 1 and 3 be placed there too.

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”