Maizuru 2nd SNLF

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

Maizuru 2nd SNLF

Post by Icedawg »

This unit has a fragment (4 SNLF squads and 4 support squads). Right now, I have it at Wake with the rest of the unit and I'd like to rebuild it, but I'm a bit leery to do so.

Is there some sort of base force that this fragment will turn into later, or is it just a bug that this fragment exists?
bk19@mweb.co.za

RE: Maizuru 2nd SNLF

Post by bk19@mweb.co.za »

No technical reason not to rebuild it at all..

Go ahead.

treespider

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

This unit has a fragment (4 SNLF squads and 4 support squads). Right now, I have it at Wake with the rest of the unit and I'd like to rebuild it, but I'm a bit leery to do so.

Is there some sort of base force that this fragment will turn into later, or is it just a bug that this fragment exists?

IIRC the fragment was introduced into the OOB during development because the Maizuru 2nd SNLF would be wiped out assaulting Wake. The fragment allowed the unit to rebuild... However subsequent patches have introduced the ability to rebuild destroyed units thus neutering the need for the fragment.
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: treespider

IIRC the fragment was introduced into the OOB during development because the Maizuru 2nd SNLF would be wiped out assaulting Wake. The fragment allowed the unit to rebuild... However subsequent patches have introduced the ability to rebuild destroyed units thus neutering the need for the fragment.

Thanks for the clarification. I always wondered about this fragment. I'm glad to hear it has a logical reason for existing and is not some bug.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: treespider

Always wondered about that myself. Seems that you could now free up that slot to use for additional LCUs in a mod then.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”