As a Producer at Slitherine, you will have the opportunity to work with a range of teams on a varied roster of internal and external strategy game projects, helping to ensure their success and maintaining the quality that they have become known for. Slitherine specialise in strategy and wargames and also work with the defence industry to provide simulation and modelling software.
The Producer is part of a team that is involved in the oversight of all internal projects as well as managing external projects, ensuring that all projects are planned, budgeted, tracked and any risks to delivering the projects on time are flagged.
They help the development teams by dealing with their impediments, helping them to focus on and achieve the project goals and pull in all of the different stakeholders involved in the project and make sure that the right people are involved in the project at the right time.
You will have responsibility for:
- Managing projects from initial concept through to publication.
- Managing the development roadmap of your projects, keeping all studios and stakeholders aware of developments throughout a project’s lifecycle (including post launch and service support).
- Working with other departments to establish a realistic project scope and schedule on your projects.
- Establishing the budget for development and then taking control over where the budget is spent. Being the person responsible for saying ‘no’ and drawing a line in the sand when the budget is at risk.
- Championing the team when it comes to de-risking projects. Helping the Leads to find the problems, and prevent them, before they occur.
- Being the glue within the teams, the person who steers the ship and brings all the disciplines together.
- Assisting in the creation and application of studio processes and production methods across internal and external projects.
- Assisting with resource allocation across all internal and external projects.
- Ensuring that communication between the studio and 3rd parties is maintained via both personal and electronic methods.
- Presenting development progress to stakeholders and commercial teams.
- Proven professional experience in a production role within the games industry.
- A good fit within the studio environment, being friendly, approachable and with a professional work ethic.
- Strong project management skills and experience, with a solid understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices.
- Proactive and driven without need for supervision.
- Immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural leader who can motive and drive development teams and processes.
- The ability to analyse a game and see what makes it fun. You may be required to review game submissions from new partners and see the potential in their games at the early development stage.
- Experience of UI / UX design
- Able to work well under pressure.
- An excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the strategy games part of the industry strategy gaming trends.
Salary: Negotiable, based on qualifications and experience ~£35k-£60k.
Location: Epsom, Surrey, UK.
Please submit your CV and covering letter using the Apply link below