Unasked for Pilots being added to squadrons

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Re: Unasked for Pilots being added to squadrons

Post by Chris21wen »

Sardaukar wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:34 pm Sometimes, AI also puts perfectly good pilots into group reserve, for no apparent reason.

This is especially annoying, if like me, player wants to have extra pilots in unit for fatigue reasons.
I've never fully worked out the intricacies of pilot replacement but I do know that manually added pilots are active from the off, scheduled pilots or pilots returning are placed in the group reserve or general reserve as detailed by the scenario. The game then manages who flies.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Chris21wen wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:13 am
Sardaukar wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:34 pm Sometimes, AI also puts perfectly good pilots into group reserve, for no apparent reason.

This is especially annoying, if like me, player wants to have extra pilots in unit for fatigue reasons.
I've never fully worked out the intricacies of pilot replacement but I do know that manually added pilots are active from the off, scheduled pilots or pilots returning are placed in the group reserve or general reserve as detailed by the scenario. The game then manages who flies.
One annoying thing is that best pilots in Philippines in P-40 squadrons at start of GC are set inactive/reserve.

But that might be just scenario setup and not related to code.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Sardaukar wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:04 pm
Chris21wen wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:13 am

One annoying thing is that best pilots in Philippines in P-40 squadrons at start of GC are set inactive/reserve.

But that might be just scenario setup and not related to code.
It could be set up that way so the best pilots are not lost on the first day as well as to make it easier for the planes to be shot down!
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

As I said never fully worked out how it all works but if your referencing the one at Clark it has a large number of pilots on it's roster, 44 in all, with half, the best. not active until next turn. Only 25 are needed and as the start is set up historically I'm assuming they were there for training probably training.

Don't beleive this has anything to do with saving them for later but more the local situation when it starts. It was a peace time enviroment and not at war hence could be on leave, not scheduled to work, picking the kids up, skiving etc. There are other groups like that but you have to go to the group screen to see them, just listing air groups won't.

Don't forget the AI will control what pilots do within a group and if you have 'Allow Auto pilot selection' on the AI will also move pilots in or out of a groups.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”