PIATS

Valor & Victory is a fast-playing, easy to learn World War II squad-level game system. Based on the original Valor & Victory board game, the digital edition provides you with an accessible and deep challenge, developed for classic tabletop game lovers.
budd

PIATS

Post by budd »

Been playing the 25 turn Arnhem scenario in PBEM as the Brits and I haven't been able to get any piat to target/fire at any armor. Can they not fire from buildings? That's the only thing I can Think of. We're up to turn 16, and I've tried to fire at 1 or 2 hex range many, many times, am I missing something? They sure would of helped. The boysAT rifles have done a bang up job.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
DingBat

Re: PIATS

Post by DingBat »

Hi budd,

I'm just about to get on an airplane, but I'll test this out and see if there's an issue. If so, I'll let you know.

Cheers.
Gface

Post by Gface »

I've had one shot kills from up to three spaces. And some from buildings (I think). Are the targets in any cover hexes? I believe I take my shots only when the target is in a "clear" space.
Gface

Post by Gface »

I've had one shot kills from up to three spaces. And some from buildings (I think). Are the targets in any cover hexes? I believe I take my shots only when the target is in a "clear" space.
budd

Post by budd »

Thanks for the reply. All targets were 2 or 1 hexes away, in the open on the street and I was firing from a building. No option to fire when putting the mouse over target. They sure would of helped :D

I haven't run any tests.

edb1815

Post by edb1815 »

budd wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:27 pm Thanks for the reply. All targets were 2 or 1 hexes away, in the open on the street and I was firing from a building. No option to fire when putting the mouse over target. They sure would of helped :D

I haven't run any tests.
Curious. I have had kills and had AFV killed by PIATS 2 hexes away in the open, while the PIAT was in a building. This was playing the Arnhem scenarios for the current tournament. I thought the range was 2 hexes btw. One of my opponents smartly placed his vehicles three hexes away and blasted my infantry from there. I managed to get a PIAT within 2 hexes of a halftrack and destroyed it.
budd

Post by budd »

Its driving me nuts. Will reinstall after the pbem game is complete. Highlight piat unit, hover cursor over enemy, my cursor just doesn't change. Maybe I have to hover over a specific spot on the counter?? Only have played the long scenario in this module so far, almost done, this coming up turn should be the last.

DingBat

Post by DingBat »

Hi budd,

I'm back from vacation. I tried some simple tests and it seems to be working correctly. Is there anything special about the circumstances in which you're trying to use the piat? You could send me a copy of the last save game and let me know which unit you're trying to fire.

Otherwise, it's worth it to try to re-install, though I can't for the life of me think of any issue that would affect only piats.

If you send me the save game, then I can see what the context is.

Cheers,
/bruce
budd

Post by budd »

Hi, thanks for the reply. It was a PBEM+ server game, the 25 turn long scenario. We just finished it this past weekend. I made it to turn 19 before the last Brit fell. My piats died off by turn 14, never did get them to fire. I just select the piat unit, hover curser over a unit in LOS 1 to 2 hexes away. A few targets were right on the street in the next hex, just couldn't get the mouse cursor to change to the firing one, tried clicking all over the target counter. I was going to run tests but you cant really pick your forces to use so that got tedious. I'm going to reinstall when I time and try the 25 turn again just to see if i can get the piats to fire.

budd

Post by budd »

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, Steam version. Played the same 25 turn scenario in single player up to turn 12 and the piats worked just fine. When hovering mouse over the target counter it changed to the red circle target thing and I was able to fire. Seems fine right now in single player. No idea why the mouse cursor wouldn't change to the circle in my PBEM game.

DingBat

Post by DingBat »

Hi budd,

Glad to hear it's working. But it might be a pbem issue. I'll look into it a bit more, just to be sure.

Cheers,
/bruce
Gface

Post by Gface »

The only thing I could think of is maybe you you used your line of sight tool (the binoculars) before you tried your shot? I don't think the sight will come up if you are still in LOS mode?...Might be wrong on this.
budd

Post by budd »

Tried both ways actually, tried everything i could think of. Haven't played pbem again yet as just finished the 25 turn scenario so taking a break from V/V. It works in SP after the reinstall.

Return to “Valor & Victory”