Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:18 pm
CommandPB wrote: ↑Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:44 pm
HaughtKarl wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:52 pm
Will it include Operation Black Buck missions?
That's a shame sir, but we should still be able to plan our own Black Buck raids though, as long as the assets are there? I noticed that the current Vulcan bomber Tacview 3D models are bugged when I loaded the community scenario by Baloogan (Falklands 1982). HMS Hermes' 3D model was wrong too, same as the Victor tankers, but I expect Dimitris already knows about the corrupted 3D models and must surely have the fix ready when we can happily buy your DLC?
Speaking of Black Buck..
Operations Black Buck Falklands' Most Daring Raid
Reflections on Operation Black Buck - Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire
Falklands War - The first strike
Black Buck One, the Vulcan Raid on the Falklands - Animated
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:08 pm
I don't think the refuel and mission planning subsystem in CMO now is up to the task of executing such a complex mission without too much human intervention. (I think it may resort to something in which you have to microcontrol every single unit)
Without automatic planning and execution of the complex tanker-to-tanker transfering, it will be tedious and hideous to accomplish such a feat, and even less fun for the people who is at the command console managing all these stuff by oneself.
- Posts: 7592
- Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
- Location: Boston
The British themselves barely pulled it off and went beyond all SOPs and limits to execute it.
- Posts: 1033
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
- Location: California, United States
Yeah I don't see the need to include the Black Buck raids in this campaign for two reasons:
1) There's already some community scenarios on them.
2) The challenge is all in logistics of aerial tankers. Actually hitting the targets isn't really hard, and there isn't really much direct threat from the OPFOR. It's getting the Vulcans there. And given the ranges involved and the limited resources available, I suspect players would have a high failure rate given how tough those missions were to pull off.
- Posts: 496
- Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:23 pm
- Location: Above and beyond
19.50 euros is too much for a DLC with a few missions.
- Posts: 401
- Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 pm
Bought it Thanksgiving morning.
Updated to the latest beta at the same time.
I'm really enjoying it so far!
- Posts: 1986
- Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am
- Location: Miami, Florida
I purchased the DLC/scenarios, although I haven't really had a chance to play and enjoy them as of yet.
In reading the scenarios briefings, and many refer to "the fog of war." I am familiar with the term, but I have never seen it being associated with anything in any other CMO scenarios.
Can you tell us a little bit about it? How it works? Without giving away any scenario secrets, of course. I think that it could be a very valuable tool for other scenario development.