Status of the roadmap?

The Galaxy Lives On! Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game is back with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with Distant Worlds 2. Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Clux

Status of the roadmap?

Post by Clux »

Greetings!

So, I got the game back when it released and I stopped playing shortly after since it had several major bugs and exploits, since then I've seen than a roadmap was released stating the goals of the devs in the short and medium term, and I would like to know more or less what its the state of the game right now:

* There are still major bugs or only minor/visual ones? (back then I had several crashes)

* The game its more balanced or they're still workign on it? (at release spies were broken)

There is any post or section where I could look for this info in the future? I see than they make updates on steam but they say "We have fixed 200 bugs! and made some balance changes!" but I don't know if they fixed 200 from the 250 reported bugs, or if there is still another 250 bugs unresolved, or how big they are, maybe they're just small things as texture glitches or super specific conditions than trigger them.
Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!
AKicebear

Re: Status of the roadmap?

Post by AKicebear »

They mentioned they intend to update the roadmap when the current beta goes to the main branch - my guess is this week.
rxnnxs

Post by rxnnxs »

Here are the changes explained.
I also wonder what they fix, so many crashes thar are fixed, while I never had such.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=385846

Here is mentioned the beta, and afzer the new official patch thats good, they start going into the stuff we all wait for
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=387146
Clux

Post by Clux »

Thanks for the answers! I'll stay tuned then :)
Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

Return to “Distant Worlds 2”