Question about low end systems

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Delaware

Question about low end systems

Post by Delaware »

I asked this on the Steam page but I know there are more eyes here. I am a long time Harpoon player and I have been interested in this game for a long time but all I have is a laptop with an SSD HD and an I5-7200 CPU @2.50 GHz. with 8 gigs of Ram. Intel HD 650 integrated graphics BTW.

I can run the game but am I going to have a world of hurt in even moderate scenarios? Or can I play a good number of small to medium scenarios with that setup?
thewood1

Re: Question about low end systems

Post by thewood1 »

It depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to run 10,000 unit scenarios, it'll chug. Running small to mid-sized scenarios at 5-15 maximum time acceleration, you can most likely do that.

If you are very risk averse, buy it on Steam and can return it if it doesn't work.
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

Thanks.... I generally like small to small/medium set ups.

Are there a good many small/med scenarios?
SunlitZelkova

Post by SunlitZelkova »

Delaware wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:31 am I asked this on the Steam page but I know there are more eyes here. I am a long time Harpoon player and I have been interested in this game for a long time but all I have is a laptop with an SSD HD and an I5-7200 CPU @2.50 GHz. with 8 gigs of Ram. Intel HD 650 integrated graphics BTW.

I can run the game but am I going to have a world of hurt in even moderate scenarios? Or can I play a good number of small to medium scenarios with that setup?
There are quite a few medium or small sized scenarios in the Community Scenario Pack. Mark Gellis is a prolific maker of those and his are great.

By the way, when I read the title I thought this would be a question about the game itself- "low end systems" like the F-5A, AH-1G, FRAM Gearing, etc. :lol:
Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin
DmitriyBlade

Post by DmitriyBlade »

Less indicators on your screen, faster game runs
Settings - Perfomance - Toggle all marks
Also
Deselect everything in LOG settings
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Delaware wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:15 am Thanks.... I generally like small to small/medium set ups.

Are there a good many small/med scenarios?
Just a few threads down...

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=387129
mikke61

Post by mikke61 »

Please. I run it on a i5 2500 that is over 10 years old. Sure it could be faster but it works.
stww2

Post by stww2 »

I have an i7-6500u with a base speed of 2.5ghz. I don't think I've come across a regular scenario yet (so not counting monstrosities like Red Dragon Descends) that has been too large for my computer to run. Sure, the game will run slower than it will with fewer units, but frankly in any scenario large enough for that to be a problem you probably have enough to do to keep you occupied anyway.
maverick3320

Post by maverick3320 »

And here I thought your question was going to be about third-gen aircraft...
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

Thanks for your help. I have purchased and am working the tutorials

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”