The AI No War on Belgium Script

Strategic Command is back, and this time it is bringing you the Great War!

Moderator: MOD_Strategic_Command_3

gsayhi

The AI No War on Belgium Script

Post by gsayhi »

Okay, I am very frustrated tonight and feeling I bought a lemon from Slitherine. Yet, that could just be my inexperience but here it goes. I'm going to vent!

I spent hours of time tonight playing 7 turns of the vanilla, 1914 Call to Arms scenario. I deactivated the script that allowed the AI Entente to declare war on Belgium... and then it went ahead and did it. What I'm finding is that every time you save the game and replay it the script has to be deactivated each time you load the saved game! I lost hours of time because of that glitch and I'm not at all happy about it. Also, beyond turn 3 the AI script disappears. I don't know if that is because the AI has played it as I forgot to turn it off or it takes away script option. I hope someone can explain this better.

A very unhappy Slitherine customer who feels very cheated. Oh, did I also mention I'm playing in green level. That's the easiest level to play supposedly. I had a week to play this game and little defeats like this always send me back to the beginning. No fun not making progress.

Gsayhi.
BillRunacre

Re: The AI No War on Belgium Script

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

Sorry to hear you're having a frustrating time preventing the AI from invading Belgium.

Turning off DE 50 (the last Decision in the list) should suffice to prevent an Entente AI invasion of Belgium, providing it is turned off before September 1914.

While I cannot at the moment see a reason why that shouldn't be working, an alternative way of doing it would be to click on the Advanced (AI) tab at the bottom of the screen when looking at the lists of scripts.

There are a number of AI Offensive scripts that are controlled by DE 50, and you could turn them off here instead. These are:

UK - Lille -> Antwerp (1914)
UK - Lille -> Antwerp (1915)
France - Lille -> Brussels (1914)
France - Lille -> Ypres (1914)
France - Lille -> Brussels (1915)
France - Lille -> Ypres (1915)

Once turned off they should stay turned off, and if a script disappears from the list it means that it has fired and cannot fire again during that game.

I hope this helps and that you can have the game you want, but be sure to come back to us if you experience any other issues.

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
gsayhi

Post by gsayhi »

Thank you Bill,

I'll try turning those scripts off and playing again. I'f I see allies declare war on Belgium after doing all this I'll let you know.

Gsayhi,
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Gsayhi,

I'm having a hard time repeating the issue you reported, e.g. I just tried turning off the DE that allows the AI to invade Belgium, e.g. the last one in the DECISION list, saved it, closed the game, and then reloaded it and it was still off.

If you find that it is still happening for you, and have an exact set of repeatable steps, I would be happy to look into it further once again.

Hubert

Return to “Strategic Command: World War I”