Bugles & Flags XIX, True Ground Maps, etc.

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Lynn_slith

Bugles & Flags XIX, True Ground Maps, etc.

Post by Lynn_slith »

Hello to all and hello to RebBugler. I contacted RB privately regarding this issue and he suggested that I post further inquiries on this public forum. After following his advice, I am still having issues with these MODS.

I have installed into the MODS FOLDER the following four mods: 'Bugles & Flags XIX', 'True Ground Maps - Gettysburg - The Big Picture', 'True Ground SR1' and 'True Ground SR1 II'. They are listed in this order top to bottom on the in-game MODIFICATION screen as directed by RB. I've double-clicked them all so that they have the yellow box in front of each mod name, and then I've clicked the 'Use selected mods' check mark to activate them.

I launch the game and go to, 'SINGLE PLAYER', 'USER SCENARIOS', and see the list of all the scenarios included with the mod. However, when I launch a scenario I get an error message saying, 'Level not found' with the options to 'Abort', 'Retry' and 'Ignore'. When I click 'Retry' and 'Ignore' I get a message saying, 'Cannot open heightfield TGA' and then I have no option but to abort.

Also, when I play a standard game scenario (the ones that come with the game) the Bugles & Flags XIX mod is not showing. Can RB or anyone else help me solve these two issues?

Thank you very much,
Lynn
RebBugler

Re: Bugles & Flags XIX, True Ground Maps, etc.

Post by RebBugler »

Hey Lynn

Alright, you're almost there! The mods are prioritized correctly and you explained your procedures perfectly.

The 'Level not Found' error almost always means the map can't be found. So, I'm guessing you either got a bad download or you unzipped the 'True Ground Maps' mod wrong. Check that you unzipped that map file with '7zip', and once unzipped it is 240 MB in size. The 7zip download link is included on the mod's info page. It is also needed to unzip B&F (1.87 GB).

Regarding the second question, stock scenarios do not accept mods. In order to play those scenarios with mods download the following mod that contains all those scenarios renamed for that purpose:
https://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php/k ... od-enabled

If the map error is not fixed with my suggestion please post a screenshot of your Modifications screen. Key F4 for screenshot and open it (Work/Screenshots) with a Paint program. Save it as a Jpeg for fast posting. Also attach your 'Work/sowgb.log' file here after a game attempt crash.

Crossing my fingers...

RB
Designer - Scourge of War
Lynn_slith

Post by Lynn_slith »

Thank you, RB. I will do as instructed and let you know the outcome. I did unzip them using a program called Breezip. Hopefully, that is the issue.

Lynn
Lynn_slith

Post by Lynn_slith »

Hello RebBugler,

I successfully installed 'Bugles & Flags XIX'. I'm happy that you included the link to the renamed scenario's mod that accompanies it or I would have assumed that it wasn't working with the stock scenarios. I will retry 'True Ground Maps' etc. tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Thanks a million for your help,
Lynn
Lynn_slith

Post by Lynn_slith »

True Grounds Maps etc. are working now. As you said, it was probably a corrupt download or the fact that I used another extractor other than 7zip.

Thank you for your help,
Lynn

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”