What's the most recent equipment in the game/

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
altipueri

What's the most recent equipment in the game/

Post by altipueri »

Mostly thinking about what is being used in Ukraine.

Would Finland in winter be like parts of Ukraine - lakes woods north of Kiev etc.?

Thanks in advance for replies.
mmacguinness

Re: What's the most recent equipment in the game/

Post by mmacguinness »

The game timeframe is up to 1991, so that's the most recent equipment in the data base.
But......
Most equipment is service on both sides today are developments of the 1991 models.
Wikipedia has equipment lists for both armies, and it is reported that the Russians are not using their most modern equipment, so I think it would be reasonable to use the existing database with careful selection of units. It wouldn't be perfectly accurate, but should be good enough for a good game.

As for maps, Eastern Ukraine is very flat and most parts not very heavily wooded, but with towns/villages quite close together. There are lakes, dams and rivers, but not nearly as much as Finland.

I would say North German Plain if you need to include some woods, otherwise the flat ara of the Italian map
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Thanks for the reply.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

I don't think war in Ukraine can be simulated since there are no mechanics for drones.
People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

Return to “Armored Brigade”