Suggestion wish list

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

ruzen

RE: Suggestion wish list

Post by ruzen »

I would suggest 2 things.

1)A new movement mode is needed I think.
"Cautious Movement"
-Costs more AP
-Costs more readiness
-Terrain & weather hide bonus gets another multiply bonus to hide.

It should represent units that have smokes (mortars or infantry) or moving very carefully.

2) Flare combat card!
Would be very useful for night offensive or art barrage.
Of course, it would have different values for terrain & weather
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

I think One could lead to some cheating in PBEM...

What I am thinking is an automatic removal of Fog of War at end of game...and hopefully coded such that a player can not access mid-game.
ltmoravcuk

Post by ltmoravcuk »

I would like to recommend for Grand Campaign on German side the Victory conditions at 300 points what is also good for the H vs H play mode. On the other hand from my point of view if Germans have not reached Meuse river that is always defeat of Germans even they have collected VP for strategical victory. I finished the game on Hard difficulty and slow AI with score over 400 points. I have reach Meuse at many places and captured Dinat and Liege. I do not how it goes at very hard or impossible conditions but I will try.
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

I've been playing the campaign and now that the patch 1.01.02 is installed, I see no use for the sicherung units that don't activate till Jan.7 since the scenario ends Dec.31.

What's the use having them on the map, historical clutter?
SeaMonkey
Khanti

Re: RE: Suggestion wish list

Post by Khanti »

James Taylor wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:21 am I've been playing the campaign and now that the patch 1.01.02 is installed, I see no use for the sicherung units that don't activate till Jan.7 since the scenario ends Dec.31.

What's the use having them on the map, historical clutter?
The use for those rear units is to disband them to get their troops to frontline units or to form battle groups from those troops (after disbanding them).

But I would like to see function of reforming those regiments into something useful (even feld ersatz units), pay PP for that and use them instead of disbanding.
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
nukkxx5058

Re: Suggestion wish list

Post by nukkxx5058 »

- shortcut to activate hex contour
- shortcut to (de)activate "Stack and mini" tab
- a recap of options chosen by player 1 who created the PBEM game mode (like Uncertainty mode on/off, weather rand/histo/bad)
- a map layer for recon values (I assume it's distinct from LOS values)
- A next unit (with AP) short cut.
- To have remaining AP visible on counters at mid-zoom
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

That is what I think about combat system in general.
Please take it as suggestion.
;) 8-)
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

Don't
Do
That
Please

Not
In
My
Game
:evil:
;)
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

Please consider adjusting replacements in scenarios tables that come by power points. If they are not free - there should be a chance for something meaningful / useful. I mean some artillery pieces and AA guns (for Luftwaffe flak abt) for Germans. Also Brits could get some troops in later turns.
Also I would like to see more chances than one big one (I know it's a lot of writing):
tank - chance for 1 unit
tank - chance for 1 unit
tank - chance for 1 unit
tank - chance for 1 unit
than
tank - chance for 4 unit (one line of code)

Khanti

Post by Khanti »

Normal infantry instead rear guard troops in sturm artillerie units (or panzer / armored ones).

Khanti

Post by Khanti »

American airborne regiment with 75mm howitzers as field guns (reinforcement type). No more replacement 105mm artillery in airborne regiments. By the way: Americans have heavy 155mm artillery set as heavy artillery, wow!
;) :o
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

Khanti wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:43 pm That is what I think about combat system in general.
Please take it as suggestion.
(...)
again and again

Suggestion is to allow "KILL" result actually when attacker is an advantage not when he scored 10% out of 100%.
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

My wish is to never this happen again.
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

I suggest that when the attack-to-defense difference is almost 50 times in favor of defense, there would be no KILL score.
(63 times here)
Attachments
dcao.jpg
dcao.jpg (284.71 KiB) Viewed 77 times

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”