[1.07.06*] Private Food -> Luxury -> Farm Spiraling out of Control

Moderator: Vic

newageofpower

[1.07.06*] Private Food -> Luxury -> Farm Spiraling out of Control

Post by newageofpower »

There's a loop where your private sector turns a huge amount of Private Food into Luxuries, which then causes a collapse in private food stocks... Causing them to build more Private Farms, to the point where they're turning off the private QOL buildings and even Light Industry to build more farms.

As you can imagine, this is quite problematic.

*Been reported on the MP discord by competitive players. I've experienced it personally but am running 1.07.06 and a 1.07.04 savegame.
GazBot

RE: [1.07.06*] Private Food -> Luxury -> Farm Spiraling out of Control

Post by GazBot »

The only think I could think to do would be to nationalize and close down the excess farms....

Along a similar though different note - In my current game - large SIWA world that is good for open farming - my start capital and minors I have eyes on all seem to have 1 x open farm (Level 1) but then funnily also have 1 x domed (Level 3) farm???

This seems to be well in excess of what is needed - especially if they just level up the open farm...why are they having a domed farm???
newageofpower

Post by newageofpower »

I did that, but they refused to reopen the closed private industries and tried to build more farms elsewhere...
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

There's a loop where your private sector turns a huge amount of Private Food into Luxuries, which then causes a collapse in private food stocks... Causing them to build more Private Farms, to the point where they're turning off the private QOL buildings and even Light Industry to build more farms.

As you can imagine, this is quite problematic.

*Been reported on the MP discord by competitive players. I've experienced it personally but am running 1.07.06 and a 1.07.04 savegame.

Think I should have that behaviour improved for upcoming open beta .07
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: GazBot

The only think I could think to do would be to nationalize and close down the excess farms....

Along a similar though different note - In my current game - large SIWA world that is good for open farming - my start capital and minors I have eyes on all seem to have 1 x open farm (Level 1) but then funnily also have 1 x domed (Level 3) farm???

This seems to be well in excess of what is needed - especially if they just level up the open farm...why are they having a domed farm???

If it concerns public assets the excess food might be used to make biofuel.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Also, agricultural bonus from an areal hex can only be used by a single open (xeno)farm at a time. If they're lacking both water and territory a dome should indeed be a smarter choice ? (Especially water I guess if the dome is 2 levels higher ?)

EDIT : No wait, there's no such thing as "private" water... and private assets have different characteristics than public assets anyway ? So, how do private domes compare with private farms compare with private xenofarms ?

Return to “Tech Support”