[Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Phoenix100

[Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached

Post by Phoenix100 »

Can anyone help with telling me how tacview is meant to look and function please? I can't pan mine freely. I can only move from object to object, by clicking on the object. Is this correct, or are there shortcuts to freely pan in the view? Plus, I don't have any info appended to my objects, such as seem to be options in tacview itself. Is this right? If I go into tacview itself (standalone) and run it and change the view options (for instance, enable freeview, or vector lines) then none of this then appears in CMO. Is this right and working as designed? Thanks.
Phoenix100

RE: Tacview queries

Post by Phoenix100 »

Bump. No one has tacview?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I think a few people use it, but the new-ness and novelty wore off for me pretty quickly.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. - BDukes
Oh good lord stop. Does anybody ever like you? - BDukes
WSBot

Post by WSBot »

boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

I have tacview and in CMO it works for me as you describe.

Tacview seems to have a lot more bells and whistles if you are post-processing from something like DCS, but I have not really tried to get those going in CMO. My guess is that Tacview is Tacview and the keyboard shortcuts should work?
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
BuzyBee

RE: [Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached

Post by BuzyBee »

ORIGINAL: Phoenix100

Can anyone help with telling me how tacview is meant to look and function please? I can't pan mine freely. I can only move from object to object, by clicking on the object. Is this correct, or are there shortcuts to freely pan in the view? Plus, I don't have any info appended to my objects, such as seem to be options in tacview itself. Is this right? If I go into tacview itself (standalone) and run it and change the view options (for instance, enable freeview, or vector lines) then none of this then appears in CMO. Is this right and working as designed? Thanks.

Hi Phoenix,

You should be able to scroll in and out of and rotate around a selected object using the mouse wheel and/or CLICK+DRAG.

Other than that, Command controls many features when Tacview is launched within Command so it may differ from what you see when you launch Tacview standalone, it may not reflect changes to your settings, and shortcuts may not work.
Vyrtuoz

RE: [Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached

Post by Vyrtuoz »

Hi guys,

There is also wiki page which explains how to use Tacview with Command:
https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/Command ... Operations

If you there is any issue with the 3D view not working, please let us know.

Return to “Tech Support”