Game keeps shutting down

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

chris23

Game keeps shutting down

Post by chris23 »

When a tank or a pillbox get shoot at the game crashes and I get thrown back to the desktop![:@] Any ideas? I run it on Windows XP.
Wild Bill

RE: Game keeps shutting down

Post by Wild Bill »

Do a very simple thing. Go to the save directory, delete the steel.prf file. Don't worry, it reconstitutes itself when you start up again.

If that does not work, I recommend removing the game using Control Panel, Add-Delete Programs, and the reinstalling it. Could be a corrupted file somewhere.

Do them in that order. Many times the steel.prf file can be the culprit of sudden crashes.

WB
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: chris23

When a tank or a pillbox get shoot at the game crashes and I get thrown back to the desktop![:@] Any ideas? I run it on Windows XP.
also if the unit you are using has apcr ammo, but no apcr penetration listed in the weapons tables then that can cause a crash

KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: Alby

ORIGINAL: chris23

also if the unit you are using has apcr ammo, but no apcr penetration listed in the weapons tables then that can cause a crash

That's a good catch, Alby. While most problems with SPWaW are hardware-related, this was a database glitch that can be easily fixed.
chris23

Post by chris23 »

Thanks very much for the tips I will try it:) It is very annoying especially when on a defend or delay mission.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”