Who to make a protectorate, Waste and V1.2

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Ralegh

Who to make a protectorate, Waste and V1.2

Post by Ralegh »

In v1.2 you get extra waste based on the number of provinces in your empire which don't have at least level 5 courts, AND it doesn't count protectorates. So I started to look into which provinces I should free. The ideal candidate should have decent morale troops, and produce lots of feudals - then I realised that list is actually pretty interesting even in 1.1 - so here it is.

(Please don't complain to me if you own one of these provinces and can't free it - provinces gained by treaty cannot be made into protectorates even if they could have been by the previous owner. As far as I am concerned, this is a bug, and I am nagging Eric about it.)

Attachments
124 feudal support.jpg
124 feudal support.jpg (80.46 KiB) Viewed 4 times
HTH
Steve/Ralegh
Grand_Armee

RE: Who to make a protectorate, Waste and V1.2

Post by Grand_Armee »

Great, that's all I need is extra waste! With barracks to upgrade as well as other things just to keep an army and economy strong, it's difficult enough to deal with roughly 50% of my income being waste. So, how much more will I lose?

I've taken the time to make something that looks very much like Imperial Germany, with banks no lower than level 4, and barracks level 5. At 70% readiness I can maintain about 2,000 money and fight with all 6 armies I've built.

If I stay at 100% readiness, it doesn't take long for the money to begin to flow the wrong way. So, either I'm doing something wrong, or I don't need something else to upgrade.

Except for POW's and a few other glitches, this game is perfect as-is for human vs. human playing. I can live with current waste. Adding more seems like just another time-consumer...which ya don't need while playing other people.
Ralegh

Post by Ralegh »

Sorry if I scared you. In version 1.2 waste gets reworked - there is much more you can do about it, it is more predictable, and no where near as bad - a very good thing IMHO.
HTH
Steve/Ralegh
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I think the way Religh said it, is what is wrong

it is not extra waste

your nation with under 20 Provinces is at low waste, 20 or more provinces the waste starts to kick in, over 30 provinces, the waste hits high levels

now protectorates do not count as being part of your province totals, and provinces with a court level of 5 or higher also do not count
(you only get half of what they make, but they supply there own troops, not you)

it is really not as bad as it sounds

Return to “Crown of Glory”