EiH

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Montbrun

EiH

Post by Montbrun »

I am looking forward to the release of Matrix' EiA. While I know that there will be changes to the boardgame system in the PC game to accomodate the use of the computer, I'm looking forward to working with a game system that I'm familiar with. I recently purchased CoG, and while this game has enormous potential, it is in need of several patches at this stage. Also, I would rather play a Napoleonic-era strategy game sans-economic micromanagement.

Anyhow, I was wondering if EiA will have any of the EiH "enhancements" included, maybe even as "optional" items?

Thanks,

Brad
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
Piercing Fortress Europa Research Team
Desert War 1940-1942 Alpha/Beta Tester
donkuchi19

RE: EiH

Post by donkuchi19 »

From what I have read, many of the 'enhancements' from EIH will be included in this game. I think the EIH map is one of them. Also some of the naval rules are included as well as the modified minor country control format.
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

ORIGINAL: donkuchi

From what I have read, many of the 'enhancements' from EIH will be included in this game. I think the EIH map is one of them. Also some of the naval rules are included as well as the modified minor country control format.

That's excellent news!

Brad
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
wodin

Post by wodin »

EiH?
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

Empires in Harm - a player-modded "Advanced EiA" for the boardgame.

Brad
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
dpstafford

Post by dpstafford »

ORIGINAL: donkuchi

Any word on whether the game will have a WEGO turn resolution, or will it be strictly IGOUGO like a board game?
donkuchi19

Post by donkuchi19 »

Since it is based on a board game and is supposed to be a port of an excellent board game, it should be the IGOUGO type. This is what I have read.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Hey all:

EiH additions will include the map from EiH v4.0, Privateers (Abbreviated), Heavy Fleets, Light fleets and Transports and Minor diplomacy (From EiH v3.0).

As far as the WEGO, this is exclusively IGOUGO format since the phase ordering of nations is very deliberate! We has simultaneous movement (WEGO?) in the original engine but it negated France and GBR's double move capability which I learned was a BIG NO NO :-)

Thank you
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Hey all:

EiH additions will include the map from EiH v4.0, Privateers (Abbreviated), Heavy Fleets, Light fleets and Transports and Minor diplomacy (From EiH v3.0).

As far as the WEGO, this is exclusively IGOUGO format since the phase ordering of nations is very deliberate! We has simultaneous movement (WEGO?) in the original engine but it negated France and GBR's double move capability which I learned was a BIG NO NO :-)

Thank you

LOL - I'm sure the hardcore EiAers had a fit about "WEGO."
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”