As Origins 2005 approaches....

Combined Arms: World War II is a turn-based battalion level simultaneous execution operational level game in development by Ludovic Coval and Erik Rutins.
It includes a complete scenario editor and is set at a 1km per hex / 8 hours per turn scale.
Spook043

As Origins 2005 approaches....

Post by Spook043 »

.... will then CA be ready? [;)]

Not to push my luck with making a release date request to be piled on with the rest, just that I got a small preview of the game system at the prior Origins convention, with Erik Rutins giving the demo. (IIRC, his wife was there helping out too in running the Matrix booth.) Eric's demo impressed enough on me as to the possibilities of CA at modeling operational combat.

Whichever the case, looking forward to meeting the Matrix crew again next month in Columbus. Oh, and kudos to Matrix for helping to sponsor the Origins War College (OWC) lectures.

Regards,

Ed
wodin

RE: As Origins 2005 approaches....

Post by wodin »

Anyone else notice the coming soon forum is in a certain order??

Ive been following it for awhile now and it looks like it does.

Battles in Italy is due next..........World in Flames is years away.....

All the other forums are in order of release....
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi Wodin,
ORIGINAL: wodin

Anyone else notice the coming soon forum is in a certain order??

Ive been following it for awhile now and it looks like it does.

Battles in Italy is due next..........World in Flames is years away.....

All the other forums are in order of release....

I asked the same question about 5 or 6 weeks ago and got several reponses from Matrix et al that say "NO" to a titles place and order on the forum list being indicative of release sequencing. But........... so far the theory holds up doesn't it?? I said then --- and I say now --- Combined Arms isn't going to be gracing our hard drives anytime soon. Even the number of posts has dropped drastically in the last 2 to 3 months. It's a shame because this had/has all the signs of a winner. [:(]
I want to be wrong Matrix & Company!!!!! Prove me wrong dammit...............
I really want this game. [&o]

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry guys, still in progress, but slow. It's a function of a number of things, but the main one is my schedule. I'd like nothing more than to take a few months off from the rest of my Matrix duties to help Ludo finish it up, but until that can happen he's plugging away on it and making progress. Won't be an Origins release, I hate to disappoint but there's no way, possibly later by the end of the Summer. Until I have more time to spend on it again I'm not going to post a new release date but it's definitely getting closer, bit by bit.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
zumHeuriger

Post by zumHeuriger »

Erik -
Any chance that those "duties" will include bring a work-in-progress copy of Combined Arms to the WBC in Lancaster, maybe with a small take-it-for a drive scenario that can be played with for a turn or two ?

Cheers

Tom
"Laughter, the best medicine"
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'll have it with me, along with playable scenarios at all the summer conventions I attend. I am currently planning to go to WBC (and would really like to), though that's not set in stone. As long as there are no crises or production overloads, I will be there.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
cabron66

Post by cabron66 »

Yes, but CotA is almost ready and it is fairly far down the list. I don't think Matrix Games would commit to having their games be released in the order they appear in the forum. Those commitments would be hard to keep.

Cheers

Paul
Someone take my wife, please?
wodin

Post by wodin »

Cabron66 its not been wrong yet.

Also who said CoTA is nearly finished? Ouote "Well we've been held up with a number of bugs and so have not finished the Force Data display just yet. Here's the current state:"

From all the recent posts read between the lines its still a few months off.

The odd one or two change places but only sometimes. It is organised (to the best of their ability to predict release) same way as the other forums are in order of release.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: cabron66
Yes, but CotA is almost ready and it is fairly far down the list. I don't think Matrix Games would commit to having their games be released in the order they appear in the forum. Those commitments would be hard to keep.

The forum order is not a commitment at all, you're right. However, in general we try to push games that will be out soonest towards the top.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Thanks Eric thats what it looked like to me.

It is a good way to judge if you have long to wait as you know those near the top will be out first.

~as I look at Combat Leader supporting the bottom with WiF~ ##cry##
Bart_Breedyk

Post by Bart_Breedyk »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Until I have more time to spend on it again I'm not going to post a new release date but it's definitely getting closer, bit by bit.

Regards,

- Erik

Or rather, byte by byte?

[:)]
Game slut
Spook043

Post by Spook043 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Sorry guys, still in progress, but slow. It's a function of a number of things, but the main one is my schedule. I'd like nothing more than to take a few months off from the rest of my Matrix duties to help Ludo finish it up, but until that can happen he's plugging away on it and making progress. Won't be an Origins release, I hate to disappoint but there's no way, possibly later by the end of the Summer. Until I have more time to spend on it again I'm not going to post a new release date but it's definitely getting closer, bit by bit.

No sweat, that's how it is, what I I know enough via middle-age priorities. I wanted to have a plastic ship model finished for the July IPMS convention, but that's not going to happen either.

Still looking forward to some of the scheduled Origins OWC lectures and whatnot. One suggestion; if possible, maybe rig up a scenario based on one of the 1941 tank battles that Col David Glantz will be giving a lecture on. He might become a core booster of your system if it impresses on him like it did for me earlier. [;)]

Return to “Combined Arms: World War II (formerly Battlefields!)”