BOB & BTR

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

scout1

BOB & BTR

Post by scout1 »

I am looking to acquire BOB & BTR, but believe both are no longer being sold.
I've checked ebay, no dice. Does anyone know of a source, or would someone
like to arrange to sell/trade ?

Also, anyone know if these run ok on Win XP ?
Denniss

RE: BOB & BTR

Post by Denniss »

Last week I bought both games through Ebay - you'll have to search or wait but they will be there .

Bombing the Reich may be found via search for 12'O Clock High
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Clipper1968

Post by Clipper1968 »

You should be able to find both on amazon.com as the last time I have checked on this site they were available.
I am also looking for 12 o'clock high:Bombing the Reich but the only one I have found cost too much in regards of its great age ( something like 35 $ on amazon).[:(] So if someone knows a source where I can purchase this game I am very interesting too![&:]

Regarding BoB, I get 2 copies of this game:one english version and another one in french.
I am only ready to sell the french version of this game, if you speak french...[;)] as the patch 1.02 can not be installed on this version. I jealously keep my english copy of BoB forever...[:D]

Don't know if it runs correctly under windows XP as I have never played again since my last PC change; anyway I get a partition running under Win 98.[:)]
"s'instruire pour vaincre"
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

If you guys ever get your hands on BTR, search this forum for "BTR" for a link to where you can get the most current OOB for the 1943 Campaign. Makes the game much better. Fixes most of the problems.
Dirtdog20

Post by Dirtdog20 »

BTR works just fine for me running XP. But other folks have complained that they cant get games to run that I dont have a problem with, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited because you shouldnt have to try to type and have a conversation with the office over the intercom.
You mean that we gotta take a test after we read this stuff?!?
bstarr

Post by bstarr »

get the patch. It fixes several errors and completely revamps the game. This game used to have a great site with an outstanding forum, but I've lost touch with them. Contact HARD_SARGE - he's a member here and was a very frequent poster at BTR's site - he should be able to help you.

2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Here is the link to the BTR site. Or at least one of the pages.

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fbtrbombingthereichfrm19

You have to register to join to even read the forum IIRC.

Once you are there, you want to get the 106.exe and the 105 OOB for BTR.

The site owner JC controls the OOB update. He has been out of touch for awhile, but I believe Hard Sarge can help you get it. He has more Fuzz than me with JC.[:D]
watchtower

Post by watchtower »

If anyone needs them I have the 105 & 106x5 patch's for BTR will e-mail to any that want - BOB was sold in UK under the SOLD OUT label still see it in shops occasionally for £2-5 -I will try and pick them up for you guy's if i see em. BTR is much more known as 12 o'clock high in UK - again can be found for £2-5.

watchtower

Post by watchtower »

For anyone looking for BTR this is on ebay UK http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 62913&rd=1

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

And speaking of pricing, why are copies of "Close Combat The Russian Front" $70 to $80 flippin dollars? And all the rest of that series are nickels and dimes?
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Hexed Gamer

Post by Hexed Gamer »

Every now and then, I hear a game title, and I ponder, is it really on sale at all anywhere.

I came up totally empty for Close Combat Russian Front.

But 70 bucks? Nope that would be silly.

Especially as I know it exists as a download.
And if my choices are gouged at eBay or download, well a used copy is not worth 70 bucks to me.
There is only one Hexed Gamer
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Les_s_Place
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

I have the game, only played it once, and wasn't impressed.

I'm going to see about getting the patches and see if that helps and maybe try it again.

However, if someone wants to make an offer for it, e-mail me, as I'm certainly willing to part with it!

UPDATE: My copy is sold. I do have lots of other games if anyone wants to talk about buying, selling, or trading.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
New York Jets

Post by New York Jets »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Here is the link to the BTR site. Or at least one of the pages.

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fbtrbombingthereichfrm19

You have to register to join to even read the forum IIRC.

Once you are there, you want to get the 106.exe and the 105 OOB for BTR.

The site owner JC controls the OOB update. He has been out of touch for awhile, but I believe Hard Sarge can help you get it. He has more Fuzz than me with JC.[:D]

How the H3ll do I get on the board? I've created a 'global account' and evry time I try to log in I get an error message saying my user ID is invalid.
"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

The board owner has to approve you. You are registered with EZ board, but the BTR forum is restricted. JC will have to get in touch with you or you can PM Hard Sarge here at Matrix.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Hi Chris
well I not a Mod or anything with that forum, but I do go there every day

I been having some hassles with EZ also (tells me I got to log in, after I am already logged in and what not)

not sure what to tell you

if nothing else, you should be able to get to the board and read what is there with out being logged in, it is posting that needs the account

and not to sound stupid but is the account name and number or what not right ?, since it is saying it is wrong, maybe something was added to it that you didn't know

HARD_Sarge

if you having trouble running under windows XP, have you tried compatabty mode ?, tell the computer it is running windows 98 and maybe it will work better, it has worked for others
New York Jets

Post by New York Jets »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

Hi Chris
well I not a Mod or anything with that forum, but I do go there every day

I been having some hassles with EZ also (tells me I got to log in, after I am already logged in and what not)

not sure what to tell you

if nothing else, you should be able to get to the board and read what is there with out being logged in, it is posting that needs the account

and not to sound stupid but is the account name and number or what not right ?, since it is saying it is wrong, maybe something was added to it that you didn't know

HARD_Sarge

if you having trouble running under windows XP, have you tried compatabty mode ?, tell the computer it is running windows 98 and maybe it will work better, it has worked for others

I finally got to the point where the button for applying for membership to join the board appears. I pushed the 'button' and am awaiting confirmation of application via e-mail. I have no idea how long that will take.
"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

Depending on how busy JC is, usually only a day... It's actually a really great forum - certainly not as big as Matrix, but the community keeps in touch and helps each other out a lot. The security is because of problems with spammers in the past...

I've been out of touch with the BTR crowd for awhile since Witp came out, but once patched it is really a great game...
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
Cmdrcain

Post by Cmdrcain »

ORIGINAL: scout1

I am looking to acquire BOB & BTR, but believe both are no longer being sold.
I've checked ebay, no dice. Does anyone know of a source, or would someone
like to arrange to sell/trade ?

Also, anyone know if these run ok on Win XP ?

Got BTR if your do mean Bombing the Reich.

It runs ok with XP
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Battlestar Pegasus
Cmdrcain

Post by Cmdrcain »

So theres a 106? The latest I had found was the 105 patch, is this 106 patch an unofficial one?
Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!
Battlestar Pegasus
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

There are two 1.06 :
One 1.06x5 .exe - somewhat unofficial as it was not supported by the game company but it was designed by GG with JC .
-> It's needed as the germans get 500 OP points per turn instead of the lousy 200 or 300 as in 1.05 .
One 1.06 OOB update with new planes/industry/airfields/units
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

Return to “General Discussion”