Supply bug 5.0.0.10 (Because of strait?)

Please post only issues involving NetPlay here. All other issues should go in the main Tech Support sub-forum.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Joseignacio

Supply bug 5.0.0.10 (Because of strait?)

Post by Joseignacio »

Cannot see why the game considers the GE HQ under the supply unit is OOS if it moves to the hex where the SS MECH 9-5 2 is. I count 2 double cost hexes to the rail, taking it in Matruh, and all controlled hexes till Europe itself.
My only doubt would be whether the game considers that a strait costs one more move ( IMO wouldnt be right) or most probably it makes an overseas from Usukudar to Istanbul instead of a rail, which is stupid.
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (525.99 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Sin título2.png
Sin título2.png (543.89 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Edit: Fine Weather. Limited supply accross straits. Limited Overseas supply.
Orm

Re: Supply bug 5.0.0.10 (Because of strait?)

Post by Orm »

Working as intended. No bug.

It is the limited supply across straits that mess up your supply line. I recommend that it will never be used together with limited overseas supply.

You need something that carry sea supply in the straits sea area in order to be able to use the straits for supply purposes.

Cut from RAC:
Option 12: (Limited access across straits) a unit can’t trace supply across a straits hexside, if the presence
of enemy units would prevent you tracing an overseas supply path into that sea area. [Clarification. If also playing with Limited Overseas Supply, then all aspects of that rule pertain to the sea area (e.g., a friendly convoy, TRS, and AMPH must be present) - June 8, 1997. If 2 sea areas are crossed by a straits (e.g., Gibraltar), then supply can be traced through either of them. Supply is blocked only if both sea areas are interdicted - Mar. 7, 2008.]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

First, thanks for your answer.

Then, my bad. I forgot to include all the picture of the situation, there are conv in the Black Sea so the rule you mention is fulfilled and supply should pass.

I include now that image, as well as a file so more information can be obtained if needed.
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (727.26 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Attachments
NP - 2023_03_18_2117 - CW.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

I always thought the CONV allow to send supply , but it would be carried by rail, through the strait. The way the game seems to enforce the rule means that the strait is not used and the supply only comes by sea from port to port. Or so it would seem.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It looks like that the game is coded in such a way that when using both these options in play, it assumes that an extra hex is needed fot the supply path to get supply across the strait because a convoy is used. And that is a bug, because that should not happen.
Peter

Return to “NetPlay Tech Support”