Bug in all scenarios of the new dlc

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.

Moderator: Joel Billings

sdplate

Bug in all scenarios of the new dlc

Post by sdplate »

Hello, I hope this is the right forum. I noticed a possible bug in the new dlc that affects all scenarios but not the campaigns. In the scenarios of the dlc, the function "allow soviet unit build" is generally switched off. To that effect, this function is switched on in all scenarios of the vanilla version. I assume that's a bug.
Denniss

Re: Bug in all scenarios of the new dlc

Post by Denniss »

This may be WAD if the scenario designers had this intended. Basically you have to work fom your existing units then.
sdplate

Post by sdplate »

Hello Denniss, of course the designers could have planned it that way, but I don't think so. Comparing the Road to Leningrad and Road to Karelia scenarios and seeing which units are on the map and which are coming as reinforcements, it looks more like a bug. In both scenarios, there is almost the same number of reinforcements that come at almost the same time. And in one scenario you should be allowed to build units and not in the other. I don't know if that's what the designers wanted.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

It was intentionally turned off. They should probably be turned off in all non-campaign scenarios.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
sdplate

Post by sdplate »

Hello Joel, thank you very much for your feedback. However, I am very surprised that this change has been made. My impression is that this leads to an advantage for the Germans. Ultimately, that's just my personal feeling.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Most of these small and short scenarios are tactical scenarios where you have to work with the provided units and replacements.
This is different for large map scenarios and campaigns as these are strategic-level scenarios where this functionality is a must-have for the soviet player.

Return to “Tech Support”