How Nuclear War Simulator nuked my computer

Nuclear war simulator is a detailed realistic simulation and visualization of large-scale nuclear conflicts with a focus on humanitarian consequences. It lets you design conflict scenarios and estimate the consequences using a population density map and realistic weapons effects.
Rosseau

How Nuclear War Simulator nuked my computer

Post by Rosseau »

I have a Steam version only, and the game never finishes installing, and then becomes impossible to uninstall via Steam. I need to manually delete the 100,000 or so files on my SSD drive.

Now, this never happened with any game in all my years on Steam. I can refund, of course, but wondering if I bought from Matrix direct the same thing would happen?

No big deal, but figured I should report it. I guess I'm the only one.

Best wishes to all!
VPaulus

Re: How Nuclear War Simulator nuked my computer

Post by VPaulus »

Are you installing in an external SSD drive?
pz501

Post by pz501 »

Rosseau wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:40 am I have a Steam version only, and the game never finishes installing, and then becomes impossible to uninstall via Steam. I need to manually delete the 100,000 or so files on my SSD drive.

Now, this never happened with any game in all my years on Steam. I can refund, of course, but wondering if I bought from Matrix direct the same thing would happen?

No big deal, but figured I should report it. I guess I'm the only one.

Best wishes to all!
Almost exactly the same thing happened to me: made a Steam purchase that hung up installing at 99%. I was able to get a refund which removed the files from my machine (I'm using a hard drive, not an SSD). I double-checked and they were all completely gone. I then purchased from Matrix, and everything installed and works with no problem.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks for chiming in on this, guys. Yes, I tried installing to two different external SSDs.

The annoying thing is Steam keeps on trying to re-install the game. So, that's really a Steam issue, and I'm pretty sure a Matrix download would work.
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

The advantage of steam you can get a refund, glad i got it on steam. What a disappointment.
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Rosseau wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:42 am Thanks for chiming in on this, guys. Yes, I tried installing to two different external SSDs.

The annoying thing is Steam keeps on trying to re-install the game. So, that's really a Steam issue, and I'm pretty sure a Matrix download would work.
It might be related with the type of FAT you have in your external drives. Are they both formatted in exFAT?

Return to “Nuclear War Simulator”