Free Books (sort of)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Don Bowen

Free Books (sort of)

Post by Don Bowen »

It's time to take down the list. I appreciate everyone that stepped forward to give my treasured books a new home.

Thanks all!
Yaab

RE: Free Books (sort of)

Post by Yaab »

[/quote]
They Fought With What They Had. Story of U.S. Army Air Forces in the Southwest Pacific, 1041-1942. Walter D. Edmonds. Paperback.

To think there are folks who say the USA as a nation has no history.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

And no typing teachers.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Thank you for the offer. I do have books to read but I would like more. The problem right now is that a 1 year old likes to chew on some books - even if it is just the dust covers. Who would have thought that a 1 year old cat would still be teething?
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Thank you for the offer. I do have books to read but I would like more. The problem right now is that a 1 year old likes to chew on some books - even if it is just the dust covers. Who would have thought that a 1 year old cat would still be teething?
That is not teething...it is tasting. Wait till the toilet paper roll looks at the cat wrong and cat bites a chunk out of it.

Giving up your books Dan? I suddenly felt sad reading that.

I've got a 4 month old Jack Russell that eats books {on my Christmas present}. Two cats that cannot be trusted. And no room for the books I've got. Thanks for the offer. I hope they go to a good home.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

That is not teething...it is tasting. Wait till the toilet paper roll looks at the cat wrong and cat bites a chunk out of it.

Giving up your books Dan? I suddenly felt sad reading that.

I've got a 4 month old Jack Russell that eats books {on my Christmas present}. Two cats that cannot be trusted. And no room for the books I've got. Thanks for the offer. I hope they go to a good home.

That is one reason why I don't use the toilet paper holder for the roll. Also, it would be unrolled into the litter box but they would not use it to wipe . . .

― Julia Child

Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

More books coming. Us old folks aren't in a hurry.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

More books (and more comming)
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

All books now entered. I'll leave this open for a few days, then close it start shipping in next week or so.

This is my swan song on this forum. I've been here since 2000, owned and played everything from Pacwar to AE. Did development on AE, tons of scenario extensions (with lots of research for them), even hacked the PacWar and Uncommon Valor data files (don't tell Eric). It's been fun and now, to quote my favorite author, so long and thanks for all the fish.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

All books now entered. I'll leave this open for a few days, then close it start shipping in next week or so.

This is my swan song on this forum. I've been here since 2000, owned and played everything from Pacwar to AE. Did development and AE, tons of scenario extensions (with lots of research for them), even hacked the PacWar and Uncommon Valor data files (don't tell Eric). It's been fun and now, to quote my favorite author, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Don,

I know you don't want people to reply to this thread but I can't not. Damn this makes me sad. End of an era.

You are one of the great ones around here a true class act and I remember you since my college days when I first got into UV and WITP. This game and this forum would not be the same without you and your vast knowledge and contributions and scenarios. So I just wanted to say thank you and godspeed sir. It makes me so sad to see you are leaving us.

You left a legacy here without equal. There will never be another team like the one that made this game. It is why I don't think another game like this will ever be made again...You are legend

Thank you for everything! [&o]
tolsdorff

Post by tolsdorff »

Yes, Thank you! Good luck in whatever you are going to do next!
Nou nou, gaat het wel helemaal lekker met je -- Kenny Sulletje
LST Express

Post by LST Express »

Many thanks for your work on this great game sir!
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

This is my swan song on this forum. I've been here since 2000, owned and played everything from Pacwar to AE. Did development and AE, tons of scenario extensions (with lots of research for them), even hacked the PacWar and Uncommon Valor data files (don't tell Eric). It's been fun and now, to quote my favorite author, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Don,

I know you don't want people to reply to this thread but I can't not. Damn this makes me sad. End of an era.

You are one of the great ones around here and I remember you since my college days when I first got into UV and WITP. This game and this forum would not be the same without you and your vast knowledge and contributions and scenarios. So I just wanted to say thank you and godspeed sir. It makes me so sad to see you are leaving us.

You left a legacy here without equal. There will never be another team like the one that made this game. It is why I don't think another game like this will ever be made again...You are legend

Thank you for everything! [&o]

Plus one. You will be missed 😢....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Wineguy

Post by Wineguy »

Sorry error
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

The last 20 years have been the best of my life. This game and this forum is a part of that. You are a part of the forum. Thanks Don.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

You all are too kind. I'll still be around for a few days until I close out the list of available books. Between now and then I think I'll poke around the forum and see if I can help here and there (or perhaps just cause some mayhem).
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Hello Don, sad to learn that you retire from the forum. Thank you so much for all your work! "Don's Babies" aka DaBabes Mod will remain a lasting legacy. I for my part will never go back to stock scenarios again. Also thank you once more for the inspiration and the help you have given me for my "Bottlenecks" DaBabes spin-off, which is a feeble attempt to create a sort of Ersatz-"Zygotes" (I guess still no chance to get our hands on this personal mod of yours...?) - your invaluable input and generous advice will always be remembered. Fair wind and following seas!
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

You all are too kind. I'll still be around for a few days until I close out the list of available books. Between now and then I think I'll poke around the forum and see if I can help here and there (or perhaps just cause some mayhem).

Have some fun and create some mayhem. [;)]

― Julia Child

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Mayhem, I like Mayhem now and again....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

This is my swan song on this forum. I've been here since 2000, owned and played everything from Pacwar to AE. Did development on AE, tons of scenario extensions (with lots of research for them), even hacked the PacWar and Uncommon Valor data files (don't tell Eric). It's been fun and now, to quote my favorite author, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Fair winds and following seas, Don.

(I am mulling over one or two of these books, but I will probably keep mulling them over until someone else snaps them up)
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”