location pop-up window

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dave25210

location pop-up window

Post by Dave25210 »

Hello,

could someone please point me to where I could change the location pop-up window position? In WITE etc is possible within preferences screen, from "at cursor" to screen coordinates but such setting is not available in WitP. The stock pop up position gets in way too much, would like it to move to the screen corner. Alternately, at least to change the window's transparency so I can see whats under it a bit.

I tried to search for this but didn't find anything. Please advice, thanks.

Platoonist

RE: location pop-up window

Post by Platoonist »

Hmmm. I've been playing this game since it was released. If there was a way to move it to a new location I'd love to know.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Dave25210

Hello,

could someone please point me to where I could change the location pop-up window position? In WITE etc is possible within preferences screen, from "at cursor" to screen coordinates but such setting is not available in WitP. The stock pop up position gets in way too much, would like it to move to the screen corner. Alternately, at least to change the window's transparency so I can see whats under it a bit.

The window will always pop up at the center of the screen, but you can scroll the map under it by bumping the cursor against the side. That will let you see what you need to see most times.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Dave25210

Post by Dave25210 »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Hello,

The window will always pop up at the center of the screen, but you can scroll the map under it by bumping the cursor against the side. That will let you see what you need to see most times.

Thanks, going to give it a try.

The location pop up window position is apparently hard-coded in the game? No preference file to hand edit at least?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Hello,

The location pop up window position is apparently hard-coded in the game? No preference file to hand edit at least?
None that I know of. IIRC, the issue was raised way back when the game came out and the programmers said it was hard coded for center screen. But there is a thread on things to be fixed in one last coding of the game. Although bugs are the focus of the fix, you might make a suggestion there.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Dave25210

Post by Dave25210 »

None that I know of. IIRC, the issue was raised way back when the game came out and the programmers said it was hard coded for center screen. But there is a thread on things to be fixed in one last coding of the game. Although bugs are the focus of the fix, you might make a suggestion there.

OK, thanks. I'll look up that thread and post it as suggestion then...
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

There are very few "bugs" to be fixed. What is left are "features" whether or not a player likes them . . .
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”