shattered

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

generalfdog

shattered

Post by generalfdog »

Did something change with the last patch to make it so there is very few shattered results? seems like there are lots of overruns now
ncc1701e

RE: shattered

Post by ncc1701e »

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
redrum68

Post by redrum68 »

I think there are less shatters because you can retreat 3 hexes now. So you see more retreat and less shattered results.
generalfdog

Post by generalfdog »

It doesn't seem like they are retreating seems like they are being overrun
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Yeah even without the hold mode, they die without retreating. Heroes!
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

In our PBEM game is January 42 and we haven't had one shattered result on either side even though there have been retreat routes. Also seems like a lot more overruns.
Nirosi

Post by Nirosi »

As redrum68 said, now with the 3 hexes retreat allowed, the shatters should much more rare. The unit will simply retreat the 3 hexes instead of shattering, since it now can.

However, the actual overrun (the former shatter due to overwhelming odds in the manual; if I followed the update and name changes properly) seems to happens as low as 5vs1, even tough the manual said 7vs1. Maybe it was changed?

Return to “WarPlan”