wanted player who doesn't quit for no reason

generalfdog

wanted player who doesn't quit for no reason

Post by generalfdog »

Looking for an Axis opponent who will stick with a game even if I take advantage of opportunities afforded, nothing cheap just fair game play like attacking north Africa with British and French if you choose to do an early Italian entry. Sorry just a pet peeve of mine people who waste lots of time playing, theirs and mine and then bail with no explanation just because it is a little challenging. I have had games where I am getting my clock cleaned and I still play as long as my opponent wants to, it's the right thing to do and hey being the underdog is fun sometimes. Anyway anyone up for a good fair game I want to try the Allies with the new patch. Thanks
ncc1701e

RE: wanted player who doesn't quit for no reason

Post by ncc1701e »

It remembers me a game where I barely survive in 1941. Then I barely survive in 1942 but I succeed to trap and destroy three German corps as Russian player just before winter. And the German player quits whereas 1943 would have been a stalemate given my losses.

PM sent.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
michaelCLARADY

Post by michaelCLARADY »

Coming from a chess background I believe a player should concede when their eventual defeat is obvious. To not do so is disrespectful of your opponent. Just came off a game where as the Allies I called for an armistice in the summer of 1944. Russians running out of manpower and US/UK landings 10 corp slaughtered on the beaches of Italy and France by amazingly thick defenses. The gent could have just returned the pbem without moving at each remaining turn and Germany/Italy would still have not been fully conquered and by the math I would not have caught up on VP's. No point to continue. OTOH, I have played the Axis with my German manpower reserve at zero from the fall of 1943 on. By the last turn I was reduced to the national redoubt but Germany was still in the game.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

OK but as Allies when you have survived 1942, and that you can think of going on the offensive as Russian, this is frustrating that your opponent is denying the fight.
As German player, you can challenge yourself whether you can survive 1945.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”