Historically accurate AI

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ekaton

Historically accurate AI

Post by Ekaton »

I heard that there are modified scenarios that have historically plausible AI. Could anyone help me with finding and installing them?
I need ten females for each male...
BBfanboy

RE: Historically accurate AI

Post by BBfanboy »

Perhaps your question is best asked in the Mods section, where the denizens are familiar with the changes they made to the game (often for better historical accuracy).
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

I heard that there are modified scenarios that have historically plausible AI. Could anyone help me with finding and installing them?

Sorry, but there is not real AI, but scripts. Also the AI is only good to learn the game, it is not an opponent to take seriously (if you learned the game). There are 2-3 "fantasy" scens which give "AI" much more stuff, but it does not get cleverer from this [:(]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

The AI already has several cheats to do as well as it does. Its only purpose as far as I'm concerned is to get the hang of the mechanics of the game and then seek human opponents. There is at least one forumite that comes to mind that has never played a human. I can't even fathom that. To be honest I only played Allied long enough to be able to do justice to playing the Japanese side and put up a decent fight.

Kull

Post by Kull »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

The AI already has several cheats to do as well as it does. Its only purpose as far as I'm concerned is to get the hang of the mechanics of the game and then seek human opponents. There is at least one forumite that comes to mind that has never played a human. I can't even fathom that. To be honest I only played Allied long enough to be able to do justice to playing the Japanese side and put up a decent fight.

C'mon Gorn! There's PLENTY of forum folks who play the AI exclusively, and enjoy the heck out of it. With all the other lunacy going on in the forum lately, lets not re-open the ancient PBEM vs AI divide. Both methods can give you an excellent game, it just depends on the individual player and what they enjoy (or don't).
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Kull

C'mon Gorn! There's PLENTY of forum folks who play the AI exclusively, and enjoy the heck out of it. With all the other lunacy going on in the forum lately, lets not re-open the ancient PBEM vs AI divide. Both methods can give you an excellent game, it just depends on the individual player and what they enjoy (or don't).

Not only is all that other stuff going on but Kull of all people goes all caps on me thrice!

Ian R

Post by Ian R »

I've never played a human. I played against human (usually axis side) opponents in multiple CWIE and Pacwar back last century. Only once did an axis player go the distance after the tide turned. The rest just disappeared when their plans for early victory failed. They were weekly turn games. This game, with daily turns, is too much of a time investment to end up being ghosted.
"I am Alfred"
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Ian R

I've never played a human. I played against human (usually axis side) opponents in multiple CWIE and Pacwar back last century. Only once did an axis player go the distance after the tide turned. The rest just disappeared when their plans for early victory failed. They were weekly turn games. This game, with daily turns, is too much of a time investment to end up being ghosted.
Thanks Ian R - that sums up my thoughts too - only I am more concerned about being the ghost because I cannot maintain the kind of pace and reliability a PBEM opponent would want.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Kull

Post by Kull »

Not only is all that other stuff going on but Kull of all people goes all caps on me thrice!

And two of those were "AI" and "PBEM". I'm outta control, baby! [:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”