Steam version of the game automatically became, 1.02.13.

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

ShaggyHiK

Steam version of the game automatically became, 1.02.13.

Post by ShaggyHiK »

In my games, I adhere to the rule of transition to the new version from the turn of the side that went in the scenario first.

In addition, unwanted errors can always occur in the new version, which can lead to some kind of far-reaching consequences. In current games.

Therefore, it seems to me very strange that in the steam version of the game, the developers did not leave the opportunity to play on earlier patches.

PS.

I apologize if I created a topic in the wrong section and ask you to move it if necessary.
cain012

RE: Steam version of the game automatically became, 1.02.13.

Post by cain012 »

I don't use the Steam version, but perhaps if you examine the game's properties it will allow you to revert to previous versions in the "betas" section.

If this fails, you could ensure that Steam does not automatically update the game by unchecking the relevant box.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

I think that the 13 patch was a required one since it fixes the Soviet AI teleportation into Vienna and other places.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Fraggo5

Post by Fraggo5 »

Is your game set to "always keep this game updated" in the update tab from the properties setting for this game in your steam library?
ShaggyHiK

Post by ShaggyHiK »

Guys, I don't mean that I don't want to update the game to a new version, but that there is no way to switch between updates.
Many of us play several games at once. And each has its own home rules, where there is a friendly game and the issue of updating is not worth it, a new patch has been released, switched to it at any time and play, and somewhere you have to switch to a new version of the game in conventional moves.

In incentives in other games, I can switch from one version of the game to another without any complications.
I went to Beta and selected the update I needed. The game automatically became the correct patch.

Without this, you have to have 2-3 versions of the game for different parties on your computer at once.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”