In May 2022 Iran announced it would not sign any international agreement that limits its nuclear program and that it would begin developing nuclear weapons. Across the middle east contingency plans for such an event were about to be put into action.
My first scenario of the new year! Way back in 2015 I did a scenario on a hypothetical US / allied strike on Iran nuclear program for a live stream. It wasn't very good, mostly because I was still a new scenario designer at the time and I've always wanted to update it. With all the talk lately about a possible Israeli strike on Iran I decided to do so.
This scenario is designed as a sandbox to see what an Israeli, US, or combined strike on Iran might look like. As such, it is up to you the player to determine what type and how many aircraft to use, what weapons to arm them with, and what nuclear sites to target. I've provided a special action to instantly ready all of your aircraft so you don't have to fire speed through aircraft readying.
This is meant to be a limited strike against the Iranian nuclear program, it is not meant as a general air campaign as seen in Desert Storm or in other conflicts since. You will not get points for damaging or destroying units not related to this objective.
This scenario makes heavy use of lua randomization for overflight requests, basing rights, etc. It’s possible to remove the randomization by using the “Remove Randomization” special action. This will give any randomized action a 100% chance of executing.
• Fixed the Iran_UnitDamaged/Destroyed scripts.
• Fix: Iranian aircraft are no longer set to autodetectable.
• Fix: Turned on collective responsibility for all sides.
• Fix: Temporarily replaced Talash SAMs with HQ-9Bs.
• Fix: PlayerSide scoring script. Player will not start losing points for fighters until losing more then 5 aircraft. Losing support aicraft (AEW, tankers, etc.) will always have a point loss. Point losses will double after losing more then 10 aircraft.
• Expanded Iranian IADS using the SAM Overview from 2013 and current Google Earth imagery.
• Added random AD to some existing but empty SAM sites. Random AD has a 70% chance of being set to autodetectable.
• Cleaned up various scripts and special action descriptions.
• Minor scoring adjustments.
• Changed some special actions dealing with scenario setup to only be available when a scenario is loaded. Once the scenario starts they will be turned off
• Added new Special Action: USN Carrier Rotation. This action will swap the HST CSG for the Lincoln CSG.
• Added new Special Action: Upgrade Iranian Air Force [Option 1]. This action has a modest chance to replace Iranian F-4s and MiG-29s to Su-30s, Su-35s, or J-10s. This is done on a squadron by squadron basis.
• Added new Special Action: Upgrade Iranian Air Force [Option 2]. Same as option a, but a higher chance of replacing the F-4s and MiG-29s. In addition, Iranian F-14s have a high chance to be replaced with either F-14E Advanced Super Tomcat-21s (Yes, they do get AIM-120Ds and AIM-152s!) or Su-57 Felons.
• Added new Special Action: Iran Strike, 2025. Translates the scenario to 2025.
Have fun and I look forward to comments and critiques.