Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.24.00
- AI building too many militia - resolved.
Version 1.23.08 (09/17/2021)
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.08
- AI enhancements for placing and removing depots - resolved.
- AI-AI naval combat not working correctly - resolved.
- Multiple AI enhancements and adjustments needed - resolved.
- Naval AI not verifying if forces can be loaded on fleet when making check for possible DOW, causing potential lapse of war - resolved.
- AI bonuses on manpower and money adjusted to: Easy AI 5%, Medium AI 15%, Hard AI 25% - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.07
- AI enhancements for strategic redeployments - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.06
- 0000823: [AI Enhancement] AI Great Britain Economics – resolved, for AI Great Britain blocking American trade with MPs it is at war with and for negotiating peace if at war with United States.
- 0000825: [AI Enhancement] AI Austria Insurrection Corps – resolved.
- AI enhancements for strategic advances and retreats - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.05
- Restrict AI unit losses unless necessary if leader assigned - resolved.
- AI attacker-human defender trivial combat not working correctly - resolved.
- AI naval improvements - resolved.
- AI land improvements, strategic retreats and advancements - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.04
- AI-AI land combat not always working and locking up game - resolved.
- AI Victory Points in 1812 scenario not showing correct - resolved.
- AI-AI trivial combat not working correctly - resolved.
Version 1.22.02 (4/10/2018)
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.22.02
- 0000152: [AI Enhancement] AI vs. AI combat now trivial / change to chits assigned – resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.22.01
- 0000166: [AI Enhancement] AI doesn't defend its navy in port - resolved.
- 0000829: [AI Enhancement] AI never attempts to reinforce - resolved?
- 0000830: [AI Enhancement] AI never commits guard – resolved.
- 0000850: [AI Bug] Battle crash when selecting units to lose - closed, could not reproduce.
Version 1.21.04 (03/18/2017)
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.04
- AI Enhancement to restrict risky British and Russian amphib invasions into France and Holland prior to 1813 - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.02
- 0000819: [AI Enhancement] AI Garrisons - resolved.
- 0000827: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds for Free States - resolved.
- 0000828: [AI Enhancement] AI never fights a second day of combat - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.01
- 0000781: [AI Bug] French corps at Paris chose withdraw (which should not have happened) – resolved.
- 0000818: [AI Enhancement] AI Bonuses - resolved.
- 0000820: [AI Enhancement] AI DOWs on Minor Countries – resolved.
- 0000821: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds and Money for Supply – resolved.
- 0000824: [AI Enhancement] AI Ship Building – resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.00 (03/01/14)
- Fixed issue with AI surrender calculations. It was improperly evaluating forces on map versus enemy forces when trying to decide to sue for peace. Bottom line is that the AI will probably surrender a little earlier to save their forces. – resolved.
As I usually do, I will claim that the AI is more challenging now, but certainly not perfect or as brilliant as a human player may be. Now that v1.23.08 has been out as an official update for a few months, and the installer has been remastered, I hope players (new and old) have had a chance to play against the computer opponent(s) enough to have formed some opinions of it. As I move into code development for v1.24.01, I want to make some further improvements and enhancements to the AI. One item on my list is to improve AI operations with allies, to get the AI to behave more like a human player in requesting help and providing help as an ally.
I am looking for other feedback from players:
1. Are the recent AI bonus changes helpful, or are they too much or too little? My intent would be for Easy to be something for beginners, Medium should be for standard play, and Hard should be challenging for experienced players. Based on feedback, we can easily adjust these bonuses up or down.
2. Are the new AI advances and retreats working well, or are there situations where the AI is being too reckless or not being aggressive enough? I've playtested a couple years into 1805 and 1812 to get to what I think is "just right" and it's tricky to make adjustments without screwing up something else. Players always seem to get into interesting situations that can challenge the programming assumptions. Again, based on feedback, we can make some adjustments to the parameters in the code.
3. Some players like to leave the Lille Crossing option on, but the French and British AI are currently not programmed to defend their sides adequately to prevent an invasion, nor to avoid making reckless invasions. I recommend leaving it off if playing the AI, but this is something I will look at 'fixing'.
4. What else? Within reason, what else would help the AI be more challenging and fun to play against? (He asked him knowingly... )