Placing card depots

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

Jagger2002

Placing card depots

Post by Jagger2002 »

I started playing 82nd Airborne scenario. I wanted to place a minor depot. Selecting the card, I am fairly limited on where I can place the depot. Some cities I can place depots and some not. I don't understand why I can't select certain locations. What conditions determine where depots can be placed?
Tempest5

RE: Placing card depots

Post by Tempest5 »

I'll take a guess...location to a road network/junction. Supplies have to be able to be trucked anywhere when need be. Just a guess.
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

That is the problem. Some locations seem logical depot locations including road junctions, some cities, etc but they aren't available for placing depots. And I am not sure why.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

The size of the town determines what size depot can be placed there.

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

The size of the town determines what size depot can be placed there.

I have one minor city I in which I can't build a minor depot. The other locations in which I can build depots are minor city II or greater and it appears they can also be build adjacent to those cities if non-open road terrain. That looks like it is the answer. Thanks.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”