If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only" will it stay like that forever for CMO?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mickeys91

If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only" will it stay like that forever for CMO?

Post by Mickeys91 »

I noticed on the new update the The AGM-183 ARRW hypersonic missiles were added but I cannot use them since I do not own the professional edition of CMO. Just curious but why are these added to the base game for everyone to see with its stats yet we cannot use them? And will they eventually be available to base game players in the future? It is pretty frustrating knowing they're there but unavailable.

Also will the Russian S-500 be added anytime soon? I hope if it does it will be available to base game players as well.
BeirutDude

RE: If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only" will it stay like that forever for CMO?

Post by BeirutDude »

So not a Dev., so I certainly don't speak for them, but consider the shear size of the two databases and then repeating a third would be a real pain. So likely just makes more sense for them to flag the equipment as professional only. My wish is they would flag it a as Professional Only when loading Magazines so we don't add the system to a scenario. I did that with the EMP weapons that are Professional Only and had to go back and rework some things in a scenario. Not a big deal but a pain when your playtest something you developed.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
DWReese

RE: If a unit or weapon is "professional edition only" will it stay like that forever for CMO?

Post by DWReese »

Mickey,

I had never heard of the AGM-183 before, so I looked it up. The weapon is hypothetical, and hasn't been produced. Furthermore, they have tested it three times, and it has failed every test, so it's easy to see why it wouldn't be available. In fact, there is apparently some discussion that the whole project is going to be cancelled as it is nothing but a failure at this point.

As Al said, it's likely that it is a place holder only so that if it becomes operational in the future then they already have it in the database. But, trying to evaluate and rate a platform for game purposes that has, thus far, failed every test is a little problematic.
tylerblakebrandon

Post by tylerblakebrandon »

As per this Facebook discussion the DEV's indicate that they do not maintain separate DB's for Command PE to reduce the DB management workload and risk for error. Dimitris states here and has before they want to unlock the PE only stuff for the commercial version but there are various reasons such as modeling issues, or for some features developed specifically for PE customer's they have a contractual exclusivity period for PE only use.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647052 ... ch/?q=ARRW

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”