Written Tutorials for Basics?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Campaign Series Matrix Edition Development Group

kstarr719

Written Tutorials for Basics?

Post by kstarr719 »

Hey there, this may be my first or second post, but I've been lurking. Wanted to say hi and see if anyone can point me to a written tutorial that touches on the basics. Well aware of the Strategy Dojo videos, just like to have the written word to use as a resource. Have my physical manual on its way, but, again, something that really touches on the basics for a newer player. Thanks!
loki100

RE: Written Tutorials for Basics?

Post by loki100 »

There are some excellent AARs that offer a structured take on getting started - look for some of Carlkay's where he methodically covers what to do and so on. Beyond that there is the tutorial in the manual for Velikie-Luki which tries to cover some of the more game mechanic/UI type issues

the threads stickied in this particular sub-forum may be useful, clearly they often have input from various people and contain debates rather than the 'answer' but probably will supplement the manual and more formal material
kstarr719

Post by kstarr719 »

ORIGINAL: loki100

There are some excellent AARs that offer a structured take on getting started - look for some of Carlkay's where he methodically covers what to do and so on. Beyond that there is the tutorial in the manual for Velikie-Luki which tries to cover some of the more game mechanic/UI type issues

the threads stickied in this particular sub-forum may be useful, clearly they often have input from various people and contain debates rather than the 'answer' but probably will supplement the manual and more formal material

Thank you so much!
budd

Post by budd »

Don't forget about the 9 one page guides. I have mine laminated back to back. There a great quick reference.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
kstarr719

Post by kstarr719 »

ORIGINAL: budd

Don't forget about the 9 one page guides. I have mine laminated back to back. There a great quick reference.

I am studying them like the Talmud at this point
kstarr719

Post by kstarr719 »

Just wanted to say with the friendly input from this community that I was successfully able to complete the first intro scenario with a minor SU victory. It may seem small and laughable in the context of so many experienced veterans of the WitE, but, to me, it is monumental. Onwards.
Stamb

Post by Stamb »

I was starting in the same way. Dojo's videos. 1st introduction scenario, 2nd. Road to Minsk (do not remember what is the name for that scenario), Road to Leningrad, Destruction of the South Western front. GC as Axis and now i am playing my first PvP game.

The best way to learn a game - play it[;)]
Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axis Bias mod Fanboy
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5144537

Return to “The War Room”