Wounded Pilots

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Arthurius

Wounded Pilots

Post by Arthurius »

What about wounded pilots. What's about their healing ratio? Where are they going after disbanding their air units? Are they going to pilot's pool or are they lost?
ShaggyHiK

RE: Wounded Pilots

Post by ShaggyHiK »

All pilots dissolve in the pool, you should not withdraw regiments if you are not ready to lose experienced pilots. In my opinion, this is a serious flaw in the air war at the moment. We need a more detailed system that will allow us to retain pilots.
At the same time, of course, I would not want to conduct pilot training, as in WitP. Only the preservation of those who have shown themselves in battles in order to trace their "destinies".
loki100

RE: Wounded Pilots

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: ShaggyHiK

All pilots dissolve in the pool, you should not withdraw regiments if you are not ready to lose experienced pilots. In my opinion, this is a serious flaw in the air war at the moment. We need a more detailed system that will allow us to retain pilots.

it doesn't actually work that way.

If a unit is withdrawn its existing pilots are converted to a notional value of say 20 pilots with morale of x and experience of y. The 20 are held back in the system. When the unit returns it gets say 20 pilots of the new average morale and experience (individuals vary around these means)

If an air unit is disbanded, then the pilots go into the trained pilot pool and are redistributed as trained pilots. This is why you should never disband a low experience formation - always let it train up first

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”