Erratas in the game (not the manual)...

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

Octavian

Erratas in the game (not the manual)...

Post by Octavian »

Always nice to have a thread like that, i thought, where players can report mistakes in spelling or other more important malfunctions and the like..
Octavian

RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)...

Post by Octavian »

And here the first:

PP-locations in the St.Vith scenario are incorrectly named in the Reports tab. One City is named twice, another one, that has a yellow dot on the map, not at all
Octavian

Post by Octavian »

Second:
There is no such thing as "Nachtruppen" in the German language. Please correct to "Nachschubtruppen" or what ever they shall represent.
okeefe

Post by okeefe »

Nachtruppen is a thing, Nachshubtruppen sounds more like reinforcements or supply company. Maybe Nachhut is more used, i think he is trying to make it a rear guard.
wosung

Post by wosung »

Second:
There is no such thing as "Nachtruppen" in the German language. Please correct to "Nachschubtruppen" or what ever they shall represent.

Not very common today, but there is such a thing. Probably short for Nachhut-Truppen (rearguard troops).
It shows how deep Vic got into the Battle of the Bulge, using contemporary battle report terms.

https://lexika.digitale-sammlungen.de/a ... 4_3_1_1322
Adelung, Johann Christoph:Grammatisch-kritisches Wörterbuch der hochdeutschen Mundart, Seb - Z, Leipzig : Breitkopf, später: Breitkopf und Härtel, 1793 - 1801.
Die Truppen
, [711-712] sing. inus. ein gleichfalls aus dem Französischen les Trouppes, aber bereits seit langer Zeit, entlehntes Collectivum, Kriegsvölker zu bezeichnen. Truppen werden. Die Truppen ausrücken lassen. Die Truppen in Schlachtordnung stellen. Die Reichstruppen, Kreistruppen, Hülfstruppen. Die Vortruppen, der Vortrab, die Nachtruppen, der Nachtrab. Man gebraucht es alle Mahl, entweder sehr unbestimmt von Kriegsvölkern überhaupt, oder von der gesammten Kriegsmacht eines Herren, oder doch von einem beträchtlichen Theile derselben. Kleine Hausen Soldaten bekommen, wenn sie bestimmt bezeichnet werden sollen, den Nahmen der Truppen nicht. Übrigens ist das Franz. Trouppes gleichfalls von unserm Trupp.

Also used in WW2
https://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gl ... orps-R.htm
Bis zum 18. Juli wurden die Nachtruppen des Korps auf die Linie 2 Kilometer südlich Livorno - 4 Kilometer nordwestlich Fauglia - 7 Kilometer west-südwestlich Pontedera zurückgedrückt.
wosung
Octavian

Post by Octavian »

Allright - I have to take this point. Still it seems to me as a german native speaker a very unusual name and probably wasn´t used as often as in the game.
Nevertheless: u are right, then. Thanks for correcting me.
wosung

Post by wosung »

Sounded not quite familiar for me too. So I just googled it.
wosung
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

We find that in the "Vocabulary of German Military Terms and Abbreviations_10927810"

Attachments
nach2.jpg
nach2.jpg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 26 times

Octavian

Post by Octavian »

A "Nachtrupp" is a word, that mainly only exists in its singular form. There is no plural like "Nachtruppen"

Compare "Nachtrupp" to the word rearguard. I am german native and never heart of "Nachtruppen" (plural) in my whole carreer of wargaming or reading military books. The word might exist in some strange lexikon of the wehrmacht but it isn´t and wasn´t used in broader sense, I can assure you.
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Thanks, now i understand what you mean, and make more sense as rear area German term , i can correct nachtruppen to nachtrupp asap !

Davide

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Thanks, now i understand what you mean, and make more sense as rear area German term , i can correct nachtruppen to nachtrupp asap !

Have you considering just calling them REMFs?
Tempest5

Post by Tempest5 »

ORIGINAL: Jagger2002

Have you considering just calling them REMFs?
HAHAHAHA Smoking cigarettes, eating pie and drinking coffee in the mess..planning strategies and talking trash.

Fond memories[:D]
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Fond memories
[:D]

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”