China

WarPlan Pacific is an operational level wargame which covers all the nations at war in the Pacific theatre from December 1941 to 1945 on a massive game scale.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

generalfdog

China

Post by generalfdog »

From what I have seen China gets pushed a lot more then historical, I wonder if more partisan activity or adding the river by Changsha that is in 37 scenario would help. or it might be fine the way it is they rarely get actually taken out. It seems like Japan overruns the mountainous area south of Shanghai that was Chinese controlled until the ichi go offensive of 44 in the first turn or 2. Its a hard dynamic because the communists vs nationalists is I'm sure hard to replicate
AlvaroSousa

RE: China

Post by AlvaroSousa »

That scenario was not as well tested as the main ones. Not even close. I ran a ton of simulations on it.

Also if you are playing against the A.I. it will not do as well as playing against a human.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Remington700

Post by Remington700 »

Playing sidechair my Japanese strategy evolved to less ebb and flow. Changsha is pretty easy to capture, but the other VP cities are always just a little out of my grasp. In which case I burn through to many Japanese production points and all I achieve is to increase the Chinese base effectiveness. So I now go to a more "defend and hold" strategy once I capture the VP city of Changsha, and Sian to aid with supply. This allows me to be stronger in other areas.
generalfdog

Post by generalfdog »

Remington yes I was kinda thinking that it might be best to do that, maybe keep them in check with some strategic bombing. Their strategic resource in the south is nice to get, as is cutting off all foreign aid by capturing Kunming or Ledo

Return to “Warplan Pacific”