Submitted in Community Scenarios Folder now

[center]Minsk Mazowiecki, Poland 2021
Al "Beirutdude" Sandrik
The Time Is: Friday, 24 December, 2021, 05:00 UTC
Friday, 24 December, 07:00 Warsaw Time
Playable as Belarus Only
4 Hours Duration [/center]

Background:
The EU-Belarus standoff over migrants continued along the Polish-Belorussian Border into the cold winter of 2021. Although tension continued to grow between paramilitary forces on the ground NATO had not substantially reinforced Poland, preferring a cautious stance. On December 23rd a Belarus drone patrolling near the border was shot down by a pair of Polish MiG-29As. Belarus claimed the drone was fired on while still on the Belarusian side of the border while the Poles were more than happy to bring reporters to the crash site over 1000 meters inside of Polish territory. Belarus President, Alexander Lukashenko, was enraged and swore revenge. As the Polish aircraft which shot down the drone were based out of the Miñsk Mazowiecki Air Base (EPMM), near Warsaw, he ordered an air strike to destroy this base the next day. Lukashenko was under the allusion that this would be a limited strike similar to an Israeli strike in Syria and brushed aside any idea that NATO would actually support a “corrupt” Andrzej Duda government.

Mission:
Your mission is to utilize your assets to launch an airstrike on the Miñsk Mazowiecki Air Base. You receive the highest points for disabling the runway, taxiway and runway access points. You may destroy any Polish radars and air defenses necessary to accomplish your mission. Oh BTW the Belarussian air bases are near the maximum range of your Su-25s so plan accordingly.

Notes:
You are free to use your units as you see fit to achieve your mission destroying (or damaging beyond 95% Runways, etc.) any unit you need to destroy.
The scenario begins at dawn and I have set loadouts for your aircraft.
If you want to change loadouts, no worries, just do it in the Scenario Editor.
Have fun,

Scoring: -600 points = Disaster and 300 a Triumph? (this will have to be adjusted based on Play Test results)
Built under C:MO Build 1147.34 Database DB3000 v491
A Delta File is provided for deep rebuilds.
Al "BeirutDude" Sandrik (ex-Beachinnole)
Al.Sandrik@gmail.com
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Blast33

RE: PT: Minsk Mazowiecki, Poland 2021 (Posted 11-22-2021)

Post by Blast33 »

@BeirutDude a nice one! Always current on world events [8D]

I came across this site, which could be helpful:
https://armijarossii.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-post_9.html
Not only this map but there is a sumup of a lot of units.
A nice one to put into Google Translate for further scenario's? Always check with Google Earth of course ;-)

Attachments
1050..0801.jpg
1050..0801.jpg (728.09 KiB) Viewed 61 times
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Blast33,

Thanks! Nice map. I thought about adding a few artillery units to attack the Polish RAT-31 and NUR-15 Radars along the border, but then you get into counter-battery and kept it to aircraft.

That said, I'm thinking about a scenario with a NATO response and this could be very helpful!

Al
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

This Dutch "Scramble" ORBATS site seems to be pretty up to date and accurate. It seems a lot of those units have been consolidated since 2014.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (136.44 KiB) Viewed 54 times

BDukes

Post by BDukes »

Hi Al

Pretty good scenario! Pulled off a great Hind raid. Polish AAA/Manpad systems are tough!

Took most of the ready fleet and still didn't exactly meet the mark. Too used to guided weapons LOL. Great trip though!

Suggestions:

Updated Belorussian Mig-29 type to S variant. It is what they have, recognizable by the hump. Game mechanic wise better agility, slightly better radar etc. I also switched to Alamo instead of 6 shooter. Much better choice IMHO.

The scramble link you posted has type info too. They are S.

https://www.scramble.nl/database/military/by#results

Another suggestion would be armed Yak-130s. They did participate in Zapad 2021. They have 4 SU-30MK as well. These are true hitters for them.

https://miragec14.blogspot.com/2015/08/ ... craft.html

Obviously, don't have to add. Just like units to tinker with!

Mike

Don't call it a comeback...
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I can easily make those changes as long as they're in the Soviet or Russian database (for some reason there are no Belorussian Aircraft in the DB).

BDukes

Post by BDukes »

There's tons of S's in the db any client state would work too. They're generally the same.

Thanks BD!

Mike
Don't call it a comeback...
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Working on it now. Got'em

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Updated based on Mike's suggestions above...

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Submitted, only tweaked the proficiencies of the new H-6K and J-16 aircraft I added the day before...

boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

There are H-6 and J-16 in Poland? ;)
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I'm Half sleep right now. Early day. that was supposed to be for the Taiwan Straits Scenario! [:(] [X(]

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Oops! Updated for the revised Belarus Aircraft and to revise their proficiencies. File in Community Scenarios folder.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”