5 Star Review for Decisive Campaigns Adrennes Offensive

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

Erik Rutins

5 Star Review for Decisive Campaigns Adrennes Offensive

Post by Erik Rutins »

Verdict- Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the best operational-level wargame I’ve ever played, period. The decision to stay away from the more abstract aspects of other operational level wargames and to bravely implement novel features should serve as a textbook example of how a genre, considered by many to be stale and long past its prime that, with the right knowledge, passion, and inspiration, you can always reach new heights. For going above and beyond the call of duty, Decisive Campaigns is hereby granted the first, Golden Strategy and Wargaming Seal of Approval.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

https://strategyandwargaming.com/2021/1 ... -standard/
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
comsolut

RE: 5 Star Review for Decisive Campaigns Adrennes Offensive

Post by comsolut »

Great review. Designer and publisher should be very pleased. I know I'm enjoying and cannot stop playing. May even tempt me back into PBEM.
sfbaytf

Post by sfbaytf »

Review is spot on. Its not just the big things but also the little things that make this great. As someone who collects old plastic model catalogs to admire the artwork, I marvel at the artwork of the game itself.
ranknfile

Post by ranknfile »

I have been playing computer wargames since the Commodore 64 came out; this certainly ranks among the very best pc wargames ever.
Fast play; believable battle results; logistics (including crowded roads!); and so much more. Truly an excellent gaming experience; especially for WW2 history buffs.
Chilperic

Post by Chilperic »

One of the best wargames I've ever played. Period.
Genosse

Post by Genosse »

Thanks for sharing Erik, really enjoying the game so far.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”