Finding a Lat/Long position?

All discussions & material related to Command's Lua interface

Moderators: angster, RoryAndersonCDT, michaelm75au, MOD_Command

BeirutDude

Finding a Lat/Long position?

Post by BeirutDude »

Likely a stupid question, I know you can extract a Lat/Log using Lua scripting but is there a way to get the curser to go to a specific lat/log? For example, I know an SA-6 is located at 31.25, -82.5 is there a way to just have the cursor go there (and maybe mark the location? Maybe I'm answering my own question here, but have Lua drop an RP at the point? If not that functionality would really help designers and save time.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
BeirutDude

RE: Finding a Lat/Long position?

Post by BeirutDude »

Never mind, I thought it out as I was posting!

ScenEdit_AddReferencePoint({side="Belarus", name="Al House", lat=30.260944, lon=-81.435031, highlighted=true})
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
KnightHawk75

RE: Finding a Lat/Long position?

Post by KnightHawk75 »

That was what I was going to mention, beyond also reminding you about Ctrl-X (for getting the location), and you in theory I guess could also just throw up a special message with the location in question included for the jump-to click location.

Return to “Lua Legion”