Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

rico21

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by rico21 »

The St. Goar Assault

Rhine Valley, Saint Goar, Germany 1945-03-24.
Germany's army was beaten. The Rhine River had been crossed at Remagen and elsewhere. As more and more of the Allied
forces closed in on the Rhine, there was a growing tendency to simply take it "on the run" rather than shift to an
existing bridgehead. In the St. Goar sector, the U.S. 87th Infantry division made good use of a heavy morning mist to
get two battalions across the river undetected. The Germans, though totally disorganized, did form a semblance of defense
based on the local headquarters unit. . .

Attacker: American (87th Infantry Division)
Defender: German (Wehrkreis XIII)

Best played on American SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE: Submarine / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ SL 11 ]

Attachments
RicoThe..Assault.zip
(27.88 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Wow rico21, you are unbelievable...can't believe you are still making scenarios. You are the man!!!
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Its been about 3 and a half years since I put out a scenario and thanks to Rico he got the blood stirring again![:D]

Both of these are ASL conversions and I hope they play well!

Here is the first: Ugly Faces.

JP040: Ugly Faces. Nieuport, Belgium May 28, 1940.

History: Once the decision to initiate OPERATION DYNAMO had been reached, the next step for
the Allies was to form a perimeter to keep the Germans away from the Dunkirk beaches for as
long as possible. The Belgian town of Nieuport, at the confluence of a river and canal, was
the logical choice to anchor the eastern end of the perimeter. Belgian forces had been
expected to contribute to its defense, but King Leopold, without consulting the Allies,
surrendered Belgium to the Germans on May 28. This left a vacuum which British and French
forces raced to fill. Two infantry regiments from the French 241'eme, arrived; the other,
marching on foot, was surrounded by German forces and compelled to surrender the next day.
Shortly after the French arrived, a German reconnaissance unit siezed a bridge into Nieuport
and threatened to unhinge the entire Allied perimeter.

Aftermath: The Belgians had failed to blow the bridge before their cease fire with the Germans,
and the British were unable to reach the wires on the eastern end before the Germans arrive.
A tense battle with the armored cars of the 12th Royal Lancers ensued, whose commander felt his
men could do no more than "make ugly faces" at the Germans in hopes of scaring them away.
British Brigadier A.J. Clifton, in charge of the local defense, had assembled a scratch force
from five different regiments of "unemployed gunners, engineers, clerks, and drivers" as well
as some WWI era 18-pounder guns and he immediately set about stiffening the line.
The bridgehead was contained and Clifton's irregulars would continue to hold the line for
another 30 hours until German armor finally broke through and force the final retreat of
Clifton's men to the salvation of the Dunkirk beaches.

Special thanks to Chris Argent for his development of the original ASL scenario that this
Tigers on the Hunt engagement is based on.

Play Mode: Best played as Germans against Computer French/British, normal or hard difficulty.

Units: Human and A/I Players.
German: Leaders, Squads, Half-Squads, LMG, MMG, ATR, AFV.
French/British: Leaders, Squads, Half-Squads, Crews, HMG, MMG, Ordnance, AFV.
NOTE: French forces start on map, use British units.

Off Board Artillery: None.

Map: North is to the left, two maps partial (1x2).
Visibility 12 hexes.

Special Rules: None.

Terrain: Rural, Brush and Small Town.

Scenario Designer: John M. Pirman: Matrix Callsign - Big Ivan.

Attachments
JP040UglyFaces.zip
(24.39 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

And the second. Since I live in Ohio what better than being a Buckeye!

JP042 Battlin' Buckeyes. Tacondo Barrio, Luzon. January 29, 1945.

History: Many of the Japanese troops defending Clark Field were less than front line quality.
Lieutenant Colonel Seikuke Eguchi, however, scrounged from them every available machine gun from
the destroyed aircraft littering the runways. As the 37th and 40th Infantry Divisions of
General Griswold's US XIV Corps were pushing the remains of Kembu Group into the foothils of the
Zambales Mountains, Eguchi decided to counterattack.

Aftermath: After clearing Clark Field the "Battling Buckeyes" of the 37th pushed into the ruins
of Fort Srotsenburg. On the morning of the 29th, Enguchi's infantry hit the American defenses and
were repulsed. Another counterattack led by six tanks of the Yanagimoto Detachment struck the right
flank at Tacondo Barrio. Initially, the GI's had only machine guns and a self propelled howitzer -
promptly knocked out - to defend the barrio. With help from the remainder of the cannon company and
assisting tank destroyers, however, the soldiers of the Buckeye Division repulsed the Japanese attack.
Four Japanese tanks were destroyed at the cost of two additional tank destroyers. Soon the area around
Clark Field was secured and American Fifth Air Force planes were flying from its runways.

Special thanks to Pete Sheiling for his development of the original ASL scenario that this
Tigers on the Hunt engagement is based on.

Play Mode: Best played as Japanese against Computer Americans, normal or hard difficulty.

Units: Human and A/I Players.
Japanese (Russian counters): Leaders, Squads, Crews, LMG, MMG, HMG, Lt. Mtr, DC,AFV.
Americans: Leaders, Squads, Half Squads, Crews, HMG, MMG, Bazooka, AFV.

Off Board Artillery: None.

Map: North is to the right, two maps partial (1x2).
Visibility 11 hexes.

Special Rules: None.

Terrain: Rural, Brush and Small Town.

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns.

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner.
Both sides get VPs for owning VP Objectives and destroying enemy AFV's at the end of the scenario.

Scenario Designer: John M. Pirman: Matrix Callsign - Big Ivan.

Attachments
JP042Batt..Buckeyes.zip
(24.53 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
rmmwilg

Post by rmmwilg »

Scenario List updated. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8jpb2z1vkqva ... .xlsx?dl=0

I believe the original one no longer works
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Thanks Mike for updating that spreadsheet!![;)]
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Thanks Rico and Big Ivan! [&o]

Soon I will be bothering you all with new AARs [;)]

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Nice to see you all around once in a while. I drop by pretty much every day, just to see what's new. I'm really pleasantly surprised that you still make scenarios.[8D]. Looks like I have entertained few people with my game, that makes me happy. I thank you for that, you put a smile on my face.[:)]
UP844

Post by UP844 »

I started playing SL in 1976 or 1977 and continued playing until the early '90s. For 25 years I thought about it as a pleasant memory of my youth then, TOTH came and gave me the opportunity to play it again... I will never be able to thank you enough!

Siegfried Sassoon

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

When I had my stroke in may 2019, I thought I was done for. Then as I was recovering, the damn Covid-19 happened. As of this summer I'm working again, I'm slowly getting back. My live is slowly getting back to normal - what ever normal is these days. I always wanted to make a game, it was my dream. I worked on the game between contracts, until one day I thought maybe I could release it and Jorgen thought it would be a great idea. I worked on it for about 12 years. I'm happy that few people will be entertained by it.
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Peter,

I didn't show it as much as like Rico and Hailstone (Top end scenario designers), but I do, more than you know, love your game and the work you put into it!!

Very glad your feeling better and hope you are moving towards full recovery!!

John
rmmwilg

Post by rmmwilg »

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Thanks Mike for updating that spreadsheet!![;)]

Happy to still contribute :)
rmmwilg

Post by rmmwilg »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

When I had my stroke in may 2019, I thought I was done for. Then as I was recovering, the damn Covid-19 happened. As of this summer I'm working again, I'm slowly getting back. My live is slowly getting back to normal - what ever normal is these days. I always wanted to make a game, it was my dream. I worked on the game between contracts, until one day I thought maybe I could release it and Jorgen thought it would be a great idea. I worked on it for about 12 years. I'm happy that few people will be entertained by it.

It's no small feat to have brought such a thing to life, and far more so am very glad, like everyone that you have been 'rallyed' [:D] [&o]
LN59

Post by LN59 »

Waoooh!

The friendly Hellhounds are back, now faithfully accompanying Rico ... Very Good News!

My warmest regards to the whole small TotH community as well as to Peter and Paullus, first.

Hope you all are doing the best, as well as your relatives and friends.

See you soon and look forward to discovering your cool creations!

Lilian [;)]
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Tactical advice for "The St. Goar Assault"

1) Don't panic on the first couple turns. It's a classic devious set-up by Rico, aimed at shattering player morale.

2) Rally your men with some memorable speech, like "They're slaughtering us here, let's go get killed further on!"

3) Don't waste bazooka rockets, go for CC

After that, it's just like riding a bike [:D]

Attachments
TOTH_reprise.jpg
TOTH_reprise.jpg (169.58 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

Siegfried Sassoon

Otto_STRUDER

Post by Otto_STRUDER »

Bonjour, from Picardy, France
As I always have a special pleasure to replay on computer scenarios I played thirty-five years ago. I played it several times with both sides and usig diferents ways to attack or defend. I feel it well balanced. Many thanks.
rico21

Ukrainia

Post by rico21 »

Ukrainia

Dniepr River, Kiev, Ukraine 1945-12-31.
1945, Poland, Romania and Ukraine freed themselves from the Soviet yoke and appealed to the Americans.
The USSR (Russia, Belarus and Moldova) responded by invading Ukraine.
The Americans counter-attack from Poland and Romania.

Attacker: American
Attacker: Russian

Best played on American SIDE first / with LOS: 14 Hexes / with RULE: Hot Cold War / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ RICO ]
Attachments
RicoUkrainia.zip
(27.22 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Raybert1123

RE: Ukrainia

Post by Raybert1123 »

Thanks for the new one Rico.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

You are a genius Rico [&o]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Thank you Rico for your all scenarios [8D]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”