Unable to unassign AA support units from cities for 1 AP

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.

Moderators: RedLancer, Joel Billings

Beethoven1

Unable to unassign AA support units from cities for 1 AP

Post by Beethoven1 »

Using the newest beta, 1.02.01, server game against jubjub

I am supposed to be able to unassign AA units from cities for 1 AP as Soviets. My recollection is that there used to be a button you could click with an [x] or something like that on the city to unassign the AA units??? If so, it appears to be gone in the beta. Or am I wrong, is this not the way to unassign them, is there some other way? And yes, I do have AP to use.

Beethoven1

RE: Unable to unassign AA support units from cities for 1 AP

Post by Beethoven1 »

Aha, looking at Odessa, the [x] seems to be there for naval AA, but it is missing for regular AA... I thought it used to be there for regular AA, but possible I am misremembering or something.

Is there any way I can remove regular AA from cities? There is apparently a pretty beefy one in Smolensk with 5000 men, so it seems like it would be worth the 1 AP cost to save at least that one (and then disband it).
Beethoven1

Post by Beethoven1 »

Relatedly, the manpower (and guns) of AA units that have a front/army/corps as their HQ seems to be included in the HQ's manpower. And if you then re-assign the AA guns (which are attached to cities still) to STAVKA, it seems to transfer the manpower to STAVKA also.

The Southern Front has supposedly 11k men in the HQ for example. But the only support units assigned to southern front are the AA units which are attached to cities. If the AA units are made to have STAVKA as their HQ, the Southern Front manpower goes down and STAVKA's goes up correspondingly:

Beethoven1

Post by Beethoven1 »

I looked around some more and managed to find some other places where the [x] does appear. In Belgorod for example, there is an [x] to remove the AA support unit:

But the strange thing is in Moscow, for example, there is no such button:

I had been thinking when I saw Belgorod that maybe it was a malfunction with the needing to be 9 units away to transfer to reserve, or something like that. But that doesn't make sense, since there are no enemy units within 9 hexes of Moscow, but that still has no option to remove the AA units either.

In order to see what it does and if it is actually working for Belgorod at least, I pressed the [x] for the Belgorod AA (11th PVO AA battalion).

This charged me 15 (!!!) AP, which I definitely did not want, obviously, to evacuate a fairly worthless AA battalion...

This seems to have un-attached it from the city and attached it to STAVKA without the c in the name, so it is apparently un-attached and that part is working anyway, at least for some cities, but not for others apparently such as Moscow and Smolensk (and Leningrad and Kiev, among others). Here's the 11th PVO highlighted:

Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Using the x send the unit back to a HQ, and costs a lot more AP then moving from city to city. This is WAD, see page 147 for the costs.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Beethoven1

Relatedly, the manpower (and guns) of AA units that have a front/army/corps as their HQ seems to be included in the HQ's manpower. And if you then re-assign the AA guns (which are attached to cities still) to STAVKA, it seems to transfer the manpower to STAVKA also.

The Southern Front has supposedly 11k men in the HQ for example. But the only support units assigned to southern front are the AA units which are attached to cities. If the AA units are made to have STAVKA as their HQ, the Southern Front manpower goes down and STAVKA's goes up correspondingly:

this bit is WAD too, SUs manpower is coded into the controlling HQ:

Attachments
20211109_090650.jpg
20211109_090650.jpg (128.52 KiB) Viewed 7 times

Return to “Tech Support”