Community Scenario Pack (Updated September 15, 2023)

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

BobTank63

RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios!

Post by BobTank63 »

ORIGINAL: Kushan04
ORIGINAL: rixtertech
Installing the CSP into my steam scn directory worked nicely... you may want to change the line in your top post that states "Sorry Steam users but you only get the new scenarios and the 9 updated scenarios updated to the latest DBs" into a hopefully clearer statement such as...

"Steam users can ensure that all of their CSP scenarios use the latest DB's by downloading the standalone CSP and extracting into their Steam client CMO scenario directory. The zip extraction will create a folder named 'Community' or you can use a new folder name of your choice. You will also want to extract the contents of the 'Lua' folder into your 'Lua' directory in the steam install. Do not just overwrite the Lua directory, as it may already contain other files."

Some big changes to CSP 45 in regards to Steam. One of the other devs has given me a utility that can either update multiple scenarios at the same time OR (in my personal opinion the most exciting part) upload multiple scenarios as a single entity download. What I'll be doing for CSP 45, is removing all of the individual scenarios from Steam, and converting them to the single download.

I'll be updating that single entity going forward. Once you subscribe to it, that should be it. There will no longer be the need to go and subscribe to each individual CSP scenario in the collection when I update the pack, plus you'll get all the scenario updates. Another major advantage of this is you will get all the scenario documents and attachments. Although because its Steam, they will get placed in your Steam workshop folder and not the Command installation folder.

Currently aiming to release CSP 45 the first week of November.
Does this mean that there will be no difference between the Steam and Standalone CSP?
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

ORIGINAL: BobTank63

ORIGINAL: rixtertech
Installing the CSP into my steam scn directory worked nicely... you may want to change the line in your top post that states "Sorry Steam users but you only get the new scenarios and the 9 updated scenarios updated to the latest DBs" into a hopefully clearer statement such as...

"Steam users can ensure that all of their CSP scenarios use the latest DB's by downloading the standalone CSP and extracting into their Steam client CMO scenario directory. The zip extraction will create a folder named 'Community' or you can use a new folder name of your choice. You will also want to extract the contents of the 'Lua' folder into your 'Lua' directory in the steam install. Do not just overwrite the Lua directory, as it may already contain other files."

Some big changes to CSP 45 in regards to Steam. One of the other devs has given me a utility that can either update multiple scenarios at the same time OR (in my personal opinion the most exciting part) upload multiple scenarios as a single entity download. What I'll be doing for CSP 45, is removing all of the individual scenarios from Steam, and converting them to the single download.

I'll be updating that single entity going forward. Once you subscribe to it, that should be it. There will no longer be the need to go and subscribe to each individual CSP scenario in the collection when I update the pack, plus you'll get all the scenario updates. Another major advantage of this is you will get all the scenario documents and attachments. Although because its Steam, they will get placed in your Steam workshop folder and not the Command installation folder.

Currently aiming to release CSP 45 the first week of November.
Does this mean that there will be no difference between the Steam and Standalone CSP?

Yes. The only real difference will be file structure. The NF series scenarios will no longer being in their own sub-folder structure.

All the .ini files, scenario documents, and other attachments that are in the standalone version will also be available in the Steam version.
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

CSP 45 has been released! Please see the first post for details!
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Thanks Kushan! Great work

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Thanks Kushan!
Phobosdeimos71

Post by Phobosdeimos71 »

Thank you Kushan and scenario designers for your contributions

Scott
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

I want to mention that the Lua folder that comes in the CSP needs to be moved to the main game directory and is useless if it stays in the Scenario directory. This is true for both standalone and Steam. The'GulfofSidra1981' folder needs to end up there with all of the other Lua folders from the stand-alone scenarios or else the the Gulf of Sidra, 1981 scenario will not work properly. AFAIK, that's the only way to get the scripts to work. Apparently, I'm the only one in the CSP that is using separate Lua scripts. (Oops)

This is probably going to be an issue for Steam users, since the location of the Lua folder that needs to be moved is rather obscure.
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

After a few months playing other games I just reinstalled a fresh copy of Command - after ensuring that no leftovers remained in the Steam folder (I have Command on Steam). What happens is this:

- If I install Command, Steam automatically installs about 70MB of "Steam Commons Redistributables". When I check the "Steam Workshop" label in the scenario list I find the scenarios of the Community Pack - or at least a version of them.

- If I then install the Community Pack via the Steam Workshop, I find A LOT of duplicates in the list. By then I don't know anymore which the most recent version of a given scenario is.

So, what should I do? Accept the Community Pack which is automatically installed by the SCR, download the Workshop version and check which file is the most recent one (a chore with 500+ scenarios) or what?
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

I want to mention that the Lua folder that comes in the CSP needs to be moved to the main game directory and is useless if it stays in the Scenario directory. This is true for both standalone and Steam. The'GulfofSidra1981' folder needs to end up there with all of the other Lua folders from the stand-alone scenarios or else the the Gulf of Sidra, 1981 scenario will not work properly. AFAIK, that's the only way to get the scripts to work. Apparently, I'm the only one in the CSP that is using separate Lua scripts. (Oops)

This is probably going to be an issue for Steam users, since the location of the Lua folder that needs to be moved is rather obscure.

There are a few official scenarios that call external scripts but yeah most just copy the entire script into the lua event action.

Would it be ok with you if I modify the scenario to add those scripts directly into the scenario so the folder would not be needed? Wouldn't make another other changes.
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

After a few months playing other games I just reinstalled a fresh copy of Command - after ensuring that no leftovers remained in the Steam folder (I have Command on Steam). What happens is this:

- If I install Command, Steam automatically installs about 70MB of "Steam Commons Redistributables". When I check the "Steam Workshop" label in the scenario list I find the scenarios of the Community Pack - or at least a version of them.

- If I then install the Community Pack via the Steam Workshop, I find A LOT of duplicates in the list. By then I don't know anymore which the most recent version of a given scenario is.

So, what should I do? Accept the Community Pack which is automatically installed by the SCR, download the Workshop version and check which file is the most recent one (a chore with 500+ scenarios) or what?

You're probably still subscribed to the old CSP scenarios that Baloogan uploaded to Steam before I took over maintaining it. Best way would be to go to Command Workshop -> Your Subscribed Items and then select the "Unsubscribe From All" button then resubscribe to the official CSP from the link in the first post of this thread.
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

You're probably still subscribed to the old CSP scenarios that Baloogan uploaded to Steam before I took over maintaining it. Best way would be to go to Command Workshop -> Your Subscribed Items and then select the "Unsubscribe From All" button then resubscribe to the official CSP from the link in the first post of this thread.

It worked. Thanks!
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

There are a few official scenarios that call external scripts but yeah most just copy the entire script into the lua event action.

Would it be ok with you if I modify the scenario to add those scripts directly into the scenario so the folder would not be needed? Wouldn't make another other changes.

It's more than a "few", it's about 40 scenarios already in that Lua folder.

I'm not opposed to you embedding the Lua yourself, if you want- as long as you get it all. There is Lua for both Actions AND Conditions, and I don't remember if any of the Condition Lua is in external scripts.

But I would be happy with just a note to say what to do with Lua folder ;)
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
Selchu

Post by Selchu »

Hey folks, io don't know where else to raise this as an issue.
In the scenario pack the scenario Russian Civil War Phase 2 keeps crashing after 24hours in game time. No idea why. I have run it twice and bang. Which is a pity cause I was really getting into it. I don't know who the original author was but something isn't right.

Think it came out back in CMANO from what I can spot on the forums.
bmackenty

RE: Community Scenario Pack

Post by bmackenty »

Thank you for this effort and time. Really appreciated.
cns180784

Re: Community Scenario Pack

Post by cns180784 »

Hi everyone been some time since i posted on here. I'm just looking for a scenario in the community scenario pack someone created quite some time ago when it was the original CMANO but i cannot remember what it was called. I just remember in the scenario description it said that the Korean leader had kidnapped Taylor Swift :lol:

If anyone knows of the scenario, the title of it i'd really appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks a lot :D
Nikel

Post by Nikel »

cns180784 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:40 pm Hi everyone been some time since i posted on here. I'm just looking for a scenario in the community scenario pack someone created quite some time ago when it was the original CMANO but i cannot remember what it was called. I just remember in the scenario description it said that the Korean leader had kidnapped Taylor Swift :lol:

If anyone knows of the scenario, the title of it i'd really appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks a lot :D
I found it, The French Falklands by Tawdaya, but unfortunately not available for CMO.

http://www.air-defense.net/forum/topic/ ... lay-cmano/

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... +falklands
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

CMANO scenarios should work fine in CMO. They may need a bit of TLC but they should work

B
Nikel

Post by Nikel »

The ini file was requested in the steam discussion of the scenario, and it is what is needed for somebody to update it?

And what is TLC? :oops:
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

TLC= tender loving care. Just to go over things and make sure they work etc

B
Nikel

Post by Nikel »