ASuW Strike

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Sybaris

ASuW Strike

Post by Sybaris »

At scenario start I have some airborne Backfires in a group on a plotted course that will take them within their weapons range of a surface unit I want them to attack. I create a mission and assign the surface unit as the target of the strike but when I go to assign the Backfire group to the mission the pop-up says they are out of range and won't assign the group. Yes, at that point in time the Backfires are out of range but their course will eventually get them within range.

Can you not be in mid-mission so to speak at scenario start or am I missing something else?

Do LUA event scripts conflict with game created missions?

thanks
nukkxx5058

RE: ASuW Strike

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Do you have the right loadout ?
If they really are out of range, they might not want to take off. You can create a support mission at half way as a rally point to reduce disctance and from there, launch the strike. You might need a tankers mission.
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
BDukes

Post by BDukes »

ORIGINAL: Sybaris

At scenario start I have some airborne Backfires in a group on a plotted course that will take them within their weapons range of a surface unit I want them to attack. I create a mission and assign the surface unit as the target of the strike but when I go to assign the Backfire group to the mission the pop-up says they are out of range and won't assign the group. Yes, at that point in time the Backfires are out of range but their course will eventually get them within range.

Can you not be in mid-mission so to speak at scenario start or am I missing something else?

Do LUA event scripts conflict with game created missions?

thanks

I think it is just a warning, it doesn't actually kill the mission. Best bet when asking about behavior is to post a file so people can really see what you're talking about.

Lua scripts generally don't interfere unless the script is grabbing a unit or doing something to a mission. I don't think I've seen anybody do that without documenting it somewhere in the scenario text.

Mike
Don't call it a comeback...
Sybaris

Post by Sybaris »

Thanks for the responses. I fixed it. I didn't have something ticked in the ROE.

But now after detaching and regrouping I can't get the Backfires to attack. This time I've attached the file

Attachments
zip.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

Sybaris, you have a couple different things that could be causing this, one is things are id'd neutral by the time they are in range, also it' on a patrol mission without orders to target unknowns outside it's PZ, and the PZ is a single point in space. There also maybe some boresight issues along with possible conflicting mission vs group orders about leaving it's course to engage. All that said when I screwed around with the scene as it was to make the badgers fire while I could get it to attack the unknown contacts (extenting the PZ (adding 3 more points) to cover an 'area'), and even waiting till the neutrals became hostile I did see what you mean in that even after getting the badgers to engage-offensive, and target the hostile ship, they never actually launched - which I couldn't find a obvious way to explain without deeper investigation.

My test was with 1147.32 a week ago ( probably need to see if it's still weird with 1147.36), haha had this response sitting in a notepad window and just realized I'd not actually posted it.

Sybaris

Post by Sybaris »

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

Sybaris, you have a couple different things that could be causing this,

Thanks for your response.
I got it to work by cutting it down to 1 backfire and fidgeting with the ROE/WRA. Then I cut the gas so that at a certain point the Backfire and Coot would RTB after going far enough north not to cross into the Japan ADIZ.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”