LGB, Buddy lasing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Swant

LGB, Buddy lasing

Post by Swant »

Even if a target is beeing buddy lased the attacking aircraft will dive down under the cloudcover and ignore set attack altitude.

Attachments
LGB.zip
(15.79 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
c3k

RE: LGB, Buddy lasing

Post by c3k »

Doesn't the LGB need to "catch" the laser before being released? So, it'd need to be below the weather. (Or, are talking a dual-mode guidance? GPS to a "capture basket" (below the weather) where it will catch the lase?)
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

This is by memory of a previous inquiry...some laser guidance heads can lock on after launch. I think they are designated as such. At one time, the reaction for those that needed lock on before launch was to do nothing. But then players were confused why the AI wasn't smart enough to drop themselves below the clouds to launch. But thats from memory and it can be faulty.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I checked in the db. Most LGBs are "Illuminate at launch". But there are a few modern LGBs like the Israeli Lizard 4 that are "Terminal Illumination".
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
Swant

Post by Swant »

Good point, but it is the same issue with LGBs that has "terminal illumination" like the Paveway 3

What happens is that the attacking aircraft will drop before it can see the target because there is another laser source, it will then unnecessary dive down under the cloud cover, presumably trying to use its own targeting pod

I made a mistake making the the example save and I used a Paveway 2 that needs "Illuminate at launch". Curiously it will still still drop the bomb above the cloud cover witch it probably shouldn't

Return to “Tech Support”