LGB armed aircraft not following group's manually set altitude when attacking

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Stanley_The_Rolmate

LGB armed aircraft not following group's manually set altitude when attacking

Post by Stanley_The_Rolmate »

Since the most recent update (I can't type the version number with numbers without getting the message that I can't post phone numbers[&:] but it's version one zero four one one four seven three three) all aircraft (except for the group lead) in a group, that are attacking a ground target with laser guided bombs ignore their group's manually set altitude and dive down to a very low altitude while lassing their target after they have dropped their bombs.

If I go to unit view and select the aircraft individually and check the manual override box they do fly at the correct altitude. But this is very annoying and time consuming to do with every aircraft.

I have a scenario file that demonstrates the issue, but I can't upload it.

Dimitris

RE: LGB armed aircraft not following group's manually set altitude when attacking

Post by Dimitris »

Can you post it on OneDrive, GDrive or a public file host?
Stanley_The_Rolmate

RE: LGB armed aircraft not following group's manually set altitude when attacking

Post by Stanley_The_Rolmate »

I sent it via PM.[:)]
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Attached save file.
If you let the scenario run and look at the altitude of the aircraft in the group (that are not the group leader) you can see that they dive down after they have dropped their bombs.
I'm playing on version v1.04 (B1147.33).
Attachments
test7.zip
(49.73 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

I took a look at this because it is similar to an issue that I am having.

See the last post in this thread:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5028997

I think technically, you need to have a waypoint assigned to "guarantee" the the altitude that you assign.

Also notice that you will get close to the behavior that you expected if you just remove the terrain following mode from your input (use ASL instead of AGL). I've reported the AGL/ASL behavior discrepancy in another thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5046770
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.

Return to “Tech Support”