Satellite Contacts

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

FifthDomain

Satellite Contacts

Post by FifthDomain »

Hi

Can anyone advise on how to stop the lines (sorry I'm unsure what they are called) going to satellites is there a setting to remove them nothing else is currently generating them.

I've included the picture as an upload.

Thanks in advance

Attachments
202110192.jpg
202110192.jpg (852.07 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Kushan04

RE: Satellite Contacts

Post by Kushan04 »

Those are either illumination or targeting lines (probably illumination). They can be turned off via the Map Settings drop down, they are about halfway down the menu.
FifthDomain

Post by FifthDomain »

Hi Kushan

Thanks for your reply I've just tried turning all those available settings off but the satellites are still doing it.
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Those may actually be very long narrow uncertainty zones, caused by bearing only contacts from ESM sensors. If that is the case, I don't recall a way to turn them off.
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

ORIGINAL: FifthDomain

Hi Kushan

Thanks for your reply I've just tried turning all those available settings off but the satellites are still doing it.

In that case they are as AndrewJ said, very narrow ambiguity zones. Those can't be turned off.
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

Filter-out the contact?
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
FifthDomain

Post by FifthDomain »

Thanks for your replies everyone that makes sense, just wasn't sure if I was missing a setting somewhere.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”