Ship Upgrades

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

WEXF

Ship Upgrades

Post by WEXF »

Does anyone know if having 29 naval support in a port that is level 2 is enough to allow the upgrade of a DD that normally would require a level 3 port? If 29 is not enough does anyone know how much naval support would be needed? No SY is needed for the upgrade I am referring to.
WEXF
BBfanboy

RE: Ship Upgrades

Post by BBfanboy »

AFAIK naval support does not help with upgrades.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: WEXF

Does anyone know if having 29 naval support in a port that is level 2 is enough to allow the upgrade of a DD that normally would require a level 3 port? If 29 is not enough does anyone know how much naval support would be needed? No SY is needed for the upgrade I am referring to.
WEXF

Insufficient data to answer definitively.

You might need to have a minimum of 115 Naval support. It really depends on what exactly is to be upgraded and which of the other elements which modify the basic undamaged port are present.

Alfred
WEXF

Post by WEXF »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

WEXF

You might need to have a minimum of 115 Naval support. It really depends on what exactly is to be upgraded and which of the other elements which modify the basic undamaged port are present.

Alfred

The upgrade is to a Gridley class DD and is adding 20mm AA that brings the AA value of the ship from 130>147. The upgrade is also adding both SCAS and SGSS radar. The amount of supply in the undamaged port is 28 times the required support needed for the port (over 7000). There are no tenders or auxiliary ships in the port.
WEXF
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Undamaged port size 2 plus 42 Naval Support will upgrade the Gridley of 1550 tons.

Alfred
WEXF

Post by WEXF »

Great to know for future reference. Thanks Alfred. It will make more sense for me to move the DD to another larger port where the upgrade can be completed as it would take time and effort to add the additional naval support at the level 2 port.
WEXF
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

WEXF

Alfred
So NS does help with upgrades. Never tried it and never heard other players advocate for it so I thought it must not be a factor - wrong again! [:-]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

WEXF

Alfred
So NS does help with upgrades. Never tried it and never heard other players advocate for it so I thought it must not be a factor - wrong again! [:-]

See my post #14 in this mid 2011 thread.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.a ... %2Cupgrade?

Since then, in 2020, Don Bowen has publicly provided further details on ship upgrades where a shipyard is not a requirement. Without that additional public information I would not have disclosed the naval support quantum.

Alfred
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Thank you Alfred.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Return to “The War Room”