[WAD] WRA frustrations. Missile allocation not following the WRA?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MarkJoergensen

[WAD] WRA frustrations. Missile allocation not following the WRA?

Post by MarkJoergensen »

Hey. I have narrowed down my issue with the WRA and missile allocation. Attached is my save. Basically, the issue im having is that I want the Iver to fire one ESSM and one SM-2 at each incoming missile. I can manually assign missiles to each incoming target no problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell it to fire a salvo consisting of one of each. It either only fires one missile, but never both. If I set the WRA to 2 rnds, it seems to pick at random which missile to fire, sometimes firing one of each, sometimes firing two of the same.

How do I automatically tell my ship to fire one of each missile?
Attachments
WRAfrustrations.zip
(23.99 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
michaelm75au

RE: WRA frustrations. Missile allocation not following the WRA?

Post by michaelm75au »

I don't see any missiles to engage in order to understand what was happening.
Michael
MarkJoergensen

Post by MarkJoergensen »

That's odd. When I load up the save, this is the situation. (Edit: I'm using a Command: PE Student License, if that matters)

Attachments
WRAmissiles.jpg
WRAmissiles.jpg (76.48 KiB) Viewed 11 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

At minimum, what game you are playing, the version, a save, and a detailed description should be included if are looking for help. I think most people on this forum are using CMO consumer so I'm not even sure we can load that save and expect it to work properly.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I started it and let it run for until the ships were past each other. No missiles ever fired. There was some gunfire at the end, but nothing more.

Had to load four new missiles on the red ship. It then fired four missiles. Two SM-s and Two ESSMs were fired.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
MarkJoergensen

Post by MarkJoergensen »

Yes, I'm trying to figure out why it didn't launch four SM-s and four ESSMs, one of each at each incoming missile.

It seems incredibly stubborn about not wanting to mix missiles against targets.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I don't think the game is the one that's stubborn. Its doing what its programmed to do. I am assuming that the AI's logical sense is if four missiles are all in the same threat zone, you'll fire the same four SAMs to knock them down. Its a little out of the ordinary to want to force a mixed SAM launch at the exact same individual targets all in the same zone. So that is what the AI is programmed to do. Its why mixed missile loadouts are there to begin with. If you want to go outside that logic you have lua and manual intervention.
MarkJoergensen

Post by MarkJoergensen »

Yeah, I'll have to figure out some lua script. Thanks though!
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I'm genuinely curious about the need for forcing a defender to fire different SAMs at the same targets. Is this a tactic I don't have in my portfolio and should?

Return to “Tech Support”