[WAD] Incoming Guided Weapon response question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MarkJoergensen

[WAD] Incoming Guided Weapon response question

Post by MarkJoergensen »

Why does my ship only seem to fire one missile at incoming guided weapons, despite both weapon systems (SM-2 and ESSM) being set to 1 round. Wouldn't it fire two missiles, one of each?
thewood1

RE: Incoming Guided Weapon response question

Post by thewood1 »

As is stated, please post a save. There dozens of reasons why that could happen and with almost no detail. Its not an easy answer.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

Thewood beat me to it.
Without a save it´s very hard to say for sure but my gut feeling is that you confuse the "Weapon per salvo" field to mean 1 of each instead of 1 weapon per salvo.

It will only fire one type of weapon at a time, otherwise you would waste a lot of weapons like shooting RAM, ESSM, SM-2 and SM-6 at the same time when the target was close to the ship.

Søren
MarkJoergensen

Post by MarkJoergensen »

Will do. I just thought there might have been some obvious setting I had overlooked.

Attachments
StraightO..ottest1.zip
(11.63 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
MarkJoergensen

Post by MarkJoergensen »

ORIGINAL: Schr75

Thewood beat me to it.
Without a save it´s very hard to say for sure but my gut feeling is that you confuse the "Weapon per salvo" field to mean 1 of each instead of 1 weapon per salvo.

It will only fire one type of weapon at a time, otherwise you would waste a lot of weapons like shooting RAM, ESSM, SM-2 and SM-6 at the same time when the target was close to the ship.

Søren

I'm trying to get it to shoot 1 ESSM and 1 SM-2 at one incoming missile. Right now it only fires one of those, instead of both at said incoming missile.
MarkJoergensen

Post by MarkJoergensen »

Changing the WRA to 2 rnds in each weapon seems to have solved the issue. Dunno why that doesn't make it fire off 2 rounds of each weapon pr incoming missile, but shrug.

Return to “Tech Support”